Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Can Develop OPC XML DA C++ client in Visual Studio 2015?

More
12 Oct 2016 13:12 #4452 by support
ad 1. The achievable fastest update rate depends on many factors. You therefore need to test it out. You should not require updates faster then you need, that would only put unnecessary load on various parts of the system. The actual default in the demo app is 50 milliseconds. The lowest acceptable number is 1 milliseconds but I think it is quite unrealistic.

ad 2. I do not understand the question. The example already processes the item changed events for a given time.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vasanth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2016 11:56 #4449 by Vasanth
Hi,

Thanks for the input.

Here i have couple of other queries on Subscribing Multiple items,

1. What the minimum update rate? I have seen 1 ms in demo opc xml da app, Can I use same in my apps because I am looking for minimum update rate.

2. In ComCppExamples - SubsribeMultipleItems, How I can do for Processing item changed events continuously?

Please excuse if my questions are not valid.

Thanks.

More
05 Oct 2016 14:09 #4429 by support
I don't think you are reading the documents I am referring you to. The list of assemblies to be installed, and the list of assemblies to be registered, are given there.

Here is a copy from the Concepts doc:

Assemblies (.NET)

Depending on which assemblies you have referenced in your application, you may need one or more of the following files be installed with your application:

• App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.amd64.dll
• App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll
• OpcLabs.BaseLib.dll
• OpcLabs.BaseLibForms.dll
• OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic.dll
• OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicForms.dll
• OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicInternal.dll
• OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA.dll
• OpcLabs.EasyOpcUAForms.dll

Please refer to “Product Parts” chapter for description of purpose of individual assemblies. You will find them under the Assemblies\net452 subdirectory in the installation directory of the product.

The assemblies need to be placed so that the referencing software (your application) can find them, according to standard Microsoft .NET loader (Fusion) rules. The easiest is to simply place the assembly files alongside (in the same directory as) your application file.

There are other methods of how assemblies can be located, including their installation to GAC (Global Assembly Cache). Which method you use depends on the needs of your application. Unless you have a compelling need, however, we do not recommended installing the assemblies into the GAC.

COM Components and Development Libraries

Because QuickOPC-COM and QuickOPC-UA for COM are implemented by exposing the .NET objects of QuickOPC to COM, you need to basically do two things:

1. Deploy the assemblies needed for .NET (see preceding chapter).
2. Register them using the Assembly Registration tool (Regasm.exe)

The Assembly Registration tool is a part of .NET Framework, and is therefore available on every computer that has the .NET Framework installed. You only need to apply the Assembly Registration tool to the following assemblies:

• OpcLabs.BaseLib.dll
• OpcLabs.BaseLibForms.dll
• OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic.dll
• OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicForms.dll
• OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicInternal.dll
• OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA.dll
• OpcLabs.EasyOpcUAForms.dll

For more information, please refer to msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tzat5yw6(v=vs.110).aspx . It is recommended that you use the /codebase option when registering the assemblies.

Prerequisites

Besides the actual library assemblies, QuickOPC requires that following software is present on the target system:

1. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2.

Needed when: Always.

In some special cases, you may want to install other prerequisites – please refer to “Prerequisites Boxing” under “Advanced Topics”.

Licensing

Proper license (for runtime usage) must be installed on the target computer (the computer where the product will be running). The License Manager utility is needed for this. It is contained in LicenseManager.exe file, located under the Bin subdirectory in the installation directory of the product.

More
05 Oct 2016 14:03 #4428 by Vasanth
Hi,

I have fixed that issue by Register them using the Assembly Registration tool (Regasm.exe).But, Have not used Custom installation just installed below dll's.

 App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll
 OpcLabs.BaseLib.dll
 OpcLabs.BaseLibForms.dll
 OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic.dll
 OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicForms.dll
 OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicInternal.dll
 OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA.dll
 OpcLabs.EasyOpcUAForms.dll

Getting this warning "RegAsm : warning RA0000 : No types were registered" for App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll.

But, my application started working.

Now, is that all dll's are required to be registered?

Thanks

More
05 Oct 2016 12:59 #4426 by support
As described in the Application Deployment section of the Concepts, on the production machines you can either install QuickOPC - you can select the Custom install and install only for Production (COM), or you can deploy the assemblies and COM components yourself, using the described procedures.

Have you done these steps? Specifically, have you performed RegAsm on the assemblies, as described in the documentation? Did they work without errors? If there were errors, what exactly were they?

If there were no errors during the deployment, what are the details of the exception you are getting?

More
05 Oct 2016 11:38 #4425 by Vasanth
Hi,

Please help me, How I can install these required dll's in non development machine?
As I understand that I can't install QuickOPC toolkit 5.40 in all the non development machines.

How my ReadMultipleItems.exe can be deployed in non development machine?

Please help. Thanks.

More
05 Oct 2016 07:44 #4423 by Vasanth
Hi,

I have copied my ReadMultipleItems.exe to a non-development machine and launched ReadMultipleItems.exe but it was crashing and then I installed Quick OPC 5.40 and it started working.

Here my question is each non-development i need install Quick-OPC or registering particular COM dll is more then enough? I mean OpcLabs.BaseLib, OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicInternal and OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic.

Please excuse if my question not valid.

Thanks.

More
03 Oct 2016 14:07 #4416 by support
Hello.

Is there any simulator for OPC XML DA server to add my own sample tags for demo XML da server(opcxml.demo-this.com/XmlDaSampleServer/Service.asmx)?

It is not possible to add tags to our demo server for OPC XML-DA.

Deploying sample app in multiple machines are supported? or How I can handle this situation?

I do not quite understand what you are asking about. The issues that have to do with installing the applications developed with QuickOPC are descriebd in the Concepts document, section "Application Deployment". If there is something in ti that you do not understand, please ask a specific question.

Best regards

More
03 Oct 2016 13:54 #4415 by Vasanth
Hi,

Is there any simulator for OPC XML DA server to add my own sample tags for demo XML da server(opcxml.demo-this.com/XmlDaSampleServer/Service.asmx)?

Deploying sample app in multiple machines are supported? or How I can handle this situation?

Thanks,
Vasanth

More
28 Sep 2016 06:32 #4396 by Vasanth
Yes, Its working. Thanks a lot. :)

Both ReadMultipleItems and SubscribeMultipleItems are working. I will get back to you if I stuck anywhere on my DEV.

Thanks.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds