Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Can Develop OPC XML DA C++ client in Visual Studio 2015?

More
02 Nov 2016 10:56 #4521 by Vasanth
U mean the client machine also have LicenseManager.exe got installed? I have registered only few dll's by
regasm, in that case also I have LicenseManager.exe in client machine?

One more question, How I can ensure connection with XMLDa Server is established/alive? Is there any specific API for this? As per as I searched I could not find one?

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2016 18:45 #4520 by support
Yes, that's the standard way of doing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vasanth

More
28 Oct 2016 16:38 #4519 by Vasanth
Hi,

I have purchased license one, Could you please tel me how I can add license to my deployment.
In my pc via License manger tool I can point the bin file right? same thing can be do for client machine?

Thanks.

More
14 Oct 2016 06:37 #4462 by support
"Single Developer + Runtime Free" is not a free license.

It is a paid license which allows one person to develop, and in addition to that, subsequently use his results in production ("runtime") without further payments (that is the meaning "runtime free").

There is no free QuickOPC license for production usage.

More
14 Oct 2016 06:15 #4461 by Vasanth
Okay.

In EULA, Its mentioned as Single Developer + Runtime Free License. I am not exposing Development capabilities to end user, In that case I should get free license right since I am single developer.

Please explain below statement if I understood wrong.

Single Developer + Runtime Free License � you have the rights to install the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for DEVELOPMENT purposes by a SINGLE USER ONLY.� If you will be installing the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for DEVELOPMENT by more than one user, you need to purchase �Additional Developers License� for each user that will be using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for DEVELOPMENT purposes.� You may distribute applications built using these components along with the runtime portions of these components without payment of additional license fees under the following conditions:

You do not expose the DEVELOPMENT capabilities of these components to your end users.
You are writing a custom application for use in your facility, as an operator interface on machinery that you are building and selling bundled with the software, or you are a system integrator creating custom software applications for your customers and you are NOT providing source code or development capabilities for your applications to your customer.
You are not selling an off-the-shelf packaged software application. ISV/OEM licenses are available for this use case � please see the �ISV/OEM License�.

More
13 Oct 2016 15:05 #4460 by support
Yes, for any kind of production usage, whether it's "continuous" or not, you need to purchase the product.

Best regards

More
13 Oct 2016 06:38 #4458 by Vasanth
Sorry forgot to attach image in prev mail.

Hi,

I am getting below error message regarding license, How it can be solved? I need to purchase tool kit? I wanted to run continuously.

Thanks,
Attachments:

More
13 Oct 2016 06:37 #4457 by Vasanth
Hi,

I am getting below error message regarding license, How it can be solved? I need to purchase tool kit? I wanted to run continuously.

Thanks,

More
12 Oct 2016 13:27 #4455 by support
Ad 2. You need to know when you want to stop. We cannot know that. while(1){} is going to consume CPU unnecessarily, plus won't give you any option to exit.

More
12 Oct 2016 13:22 #4454 by Vasanth
Thankyou.

ad 1 is clear.

ad 2, Suppose given time is continuous, I can introduce while(1){} to process item changed events continuously. Is there any event/trigger to break my loop which is continuous.

on simple words, How I can run item changed events continuously?

Thanks.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds