OPC Client Toolkit Made Right
QuickOPC can be characterized as an OPC toolkit. It has, however, some characteristics that make it different from other OPC SDKs on the market. Specifically, it does not expose the imprint of underlying OPC methods to its own API - it does not require you to deal with the low level stuff. And, it transforms the OPC communication into an API that appears to be connection-less; this allows your code be free of all setup, tear-down, and re-connection worries.
Communication beyond limits
QuickOPC is a radically new approach to access OPC data. It is an ideal tool to publish OPC data on the web or integrate OPC connectivity to custom applications involved in industrial automation or process control.
QuickOPC gives unbelievably short code to create OPC clients. In addition, using complex heuristic algorithms to optimize itself on the fly, QuickOPC toolbox provides the most efficient, fastest access to the OPC data.
OPC Labs has successfully tested QuickOPC at OPC Foundation Interoperability Workshops against a large set of OPC Servers from various vendors.
QuickOPC has a modular architecture with clear separation of responsibilities.
The QuickOPC product allows development of clients for OPC protocols in various tools under Windows. It consists of three basic parts:
- QuickOPC.NET, for OPC "Classic" specifications (COM- and XML-based), and Microsoft .NET Framework technology
- QuickOPC-COM, for OPC "Classic" specifications, and use with Microsoft COM (OLE automation)
- QuickOPC-UA, for OPC Unified Architecture specifications (for use from within .NET or COM-based tools)
- NEW: Support for OPC UA Alarms & Conditions.
- NEW: NuGet package distribution format.
- It works in a wide range of programming languages and tools. C# and Visual Basic are the most obvious, but the list is very long.
- OPC Specifications: QuickOPC supports OPC Data Access 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0, OPC Alarms and Events 1.10 and earlier, OPC XML-DA 1.01, and OPC Unified Architecture (natively, or through UA COM Proxy - included).
- You can develop on Microsoft Windows in .NET, or with a use of COM-based tools. Read more about the platforms.
- You can pick from, or combine multiple development models. When developing user interfaces, you can replace or supplement the traditional imperative programming by a codeless Live Binding model. More advanced models such as Live Mapping, or Reactive Programming, are available as well.
- QuickOPC toolbox is suitable for a wide range of usage areas in process control and industrial automation. For example, developing HMIs, dynamic recipe loading, or customized data loggers, is straightforward.
- Tested for compliance with OPC protocol standards, and for interoperability.
- Integration with Visual Studio development environment.
- Internal messaging layer provides isolation between OPC communications and the custom client code, resulting in high resiliency.
- Automatically connects to and disconnects from OPC Servers.
- No limits to number of connections, subscriptions, or tags.
- Supports all flavors of OPC synchronous and asynchronous reads and writes internally, subscriptions, discovery, browsing, and property access.
- Wide range of developer productivity features: Intellisense, ReSharper annotations, serialization support, and many more.
- Browsing Dialogs: Ready-made set of rich user interface (UI) components for browsing the OPC world.
OPC Foundation Certification
OPC Foundation Certified for Compliance logo indicates that this product has been tested by an independent certification lab and certified to be compliant with the following OPC UA Profiles which are part of the OPC UA Specifications:
- Core Client Facet
- Base Client Behavior Facet Discovery Client Facet
- Attribute Read Client Facet
- Attribute Write Client Facet
- DataChange Subscriber Client Facet
- DataAccess Client Facet
OPC Foundation Compliance Test
OPC Foundation Self-Tested for Compliance logo indicates that this product has been tested by the manufacturer to be compliant with the following OPC Specifications:
- Data Access 2.00
- Data Access 2.05a
- Data Access 3.00
Additional information about compliance testing, logo program and a summary of test results for QuickOPC Client can be found at www.opcfoundation.org.OPC Foundation Self-Tested for Compliance logo is a trademark of the OPC Foundation and may be used only by written permission of the OPC Foundation. Any unauthorized use of the Self-Tested for Compliance logo is prohibited.
I came across QuickOPC.net when undertaking a c# project that needed to access data in a Siemens PLC using OPC. Having used the free trial version, it quickly became clear that QuickOPC.net would remove the need for an in-depth knowledge of OPC client to server protocols and would allow me to concentrate on the application itself. It is very robust, easy to integrate into a .net project and the response to my questions by email was excellent. I'd certain only recommend the product and the company.
Peter Thomas, Control Specialists Ltd
Footnote & required disclosure: QuickOPC (including its Options) is a software development kit (SDK) for development of OPC clients. Installing QuickOPC or its Options does not change system settings.