Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Can Develop OPC XML DA C++ client in Visual Studio 2015?

More
16 Nov 2016 08:14 #4564 by support
What code is inside the loop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2016 06:14 #4561 by Vasanth
//_tprintf(_T("Processing item changed events for 1 minute..."));
while (1) {
}
Here, I do this to subscribe tags continuously but CPU is taking more here.

I have couple of other queries also,

1. How do I check server status? whether its running, disconnected and etc? Is there any QuickOPC API for this, as per as I searched I could not find one.

2. My application taking around 50MB of RAM consistently, In that around 17MB is my application(private working set) and 42MB is shared working set. In that case quickOPc assemblies are taking 42MB?

Please clarify.

More
15 Nov 2016 10:20 #4559 by support
I do not quite understand the question. Please describe your code (some pseudo-code would do), and where is it spending the CPU?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vasanth

More
15 Nov 2016 09:35 #4557 by Vasanth
In Subscribe multiple items my while loop is consuming too much CPU, is there any other way to run continuously using QuickOpc libarieries. Any events/triggers to run continuously?

More
02 Nov 2016 18:04 #4532 by support
The answer is yes - but only if both machines are 32-bit or both are 64-bit.

If their bitness differs, you will need to do some editing of the .REG file, because the 32-bit part of the registry is actually located under a different key on 64-bit systems.

More
02 Nov 2016 17:07 #4531 by Vasanth
Hi,

Just to confirm I am putting this question,

I have created .reg file from 32bit registry location since mine is 32bit app. Now, I need to open this registry file in my client machine right? Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

More
02 Nov 2016 15:11 #4530 by support
Both approaches that you mentioned under 1. and 2. are possible.

A third option is to store the license into directly into the registry. I will send you a document with instructions to that, to the email address you used to register with these forums.

There is currently no way the license could "go" into/with our or your assemblies.

Regards

More
02 Nov 2016 14:19 #4528 by Vasanth
To add to my query,

I do not want to install anything in my client machine on license regard, My binaries should go with QuickOPC license. Is that possible? Please let me know how I can do that?

Thanks

More
02 Nov 2016 13:14 #4526 by Vasanth
Okay, Thanks for the input.

I have another queries,

1. As per the "Application Deployment" section you mentioned, I need to copy LicenseManager.exe utility to client machine and install the license?

2. Or I need to install QuickOPC version 5.40 in client machine and install license using LicenseManager.exe? What if I am not allowed to install anything in client machine?

3. As of now, I have installed license in my development machine. Therefore, I need to copy these binaries to client machine and registered it?

Please let me know whats the proper way to do this and correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks

More
02 Nov 2016 11:02 - 02 Nov 2016 11:06 #4522 by support
As our component is on the client side, it is the client side where it needs its license. Read the "Application Deployment" section of the Concepts document for details.

QuickOPC establishes/closes the connections automatically, and you cannot influence that explicitly (aside from setting some parameters that dictate how long it stays connected when not in use). Also, OPC XML is somewhat special in this respect, as the method calls are HTTP based and thus, per themselves, only represent short-lived connections, which repeat over and over (using a "polled refresh" approach).
Last edit: 02 Nov 2016 11:06 by support.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds