Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Can't Creat object in Windows 8.1 64 Bit

More
08 Oct 2014 14:50 #2409 by support
If it's not there, try looking under C:\Program Files (x86)\OPC Labs\QuickOPC x.yy\Bin.

If it's not there either, you might have installed QuickOPC for .NET development instead of COM development (the choice is on the second page of the Setup program) - in such case, simply reinstall, choosing the right option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2014 14:29 #2407 by Dirk
For some reason EasyOPC Options Utility is not visible in the Start menu. I can't find it on the Apps screen of Windows 8.1 either.

More
08 Oct 2014 13:43 #2406 by support
Can you please run the EasyOPC Options Utility (available from the Start menu), and under the "System Parameters" tab, check the settings in the "COM Registration" group? (see picture).

If they do not look like on the picture, please set them as such, i.e.
- "In-process server" unchecked, and
- "Local server" checked

and retest.

Thank you
Attachments:

More
07 Oct 2014 14:49 #2404 by Dirk
When i try the following sample in Vbscript i get a Can't create object error. I suppose this could be a call to 32 bit com object in a 64 bit environment but i'm not sure yet.

The customer has a an application that allows running scripts and it would be handy if he could write a value from this application directly.

Can this be done ?

Rem This example shows how to read values of a single item, and display it.
Dim EasyDAClient
Set EasyDAClient = CreateObject("OPCLabs.EasyDAClient.5.2")

Dim value: value = EasyDAClient.WriteItemValue("", "OPC.SimaticNet.1", "S7:[S7_Connection_1]QB0",1)
[Q0.0] = value

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds