QuickOPC for OPC Alarms and Events (OPC-A&E)
OPC Alarms&Events provides alarm and event notifications on demand (in contrast to the continuous data flow of OPC Data Access). These include process alarms, operator actions, informational messages, and tracking/auditing messages.
OPC Alarms and Events. Technical Overview (OPC Foundation) (PPT)
OPC-A&E is fully supported by QuickOPC. OPC clients with alarms and events features can be developed easily.
If you need OPC Alarms&Conditions for OPC Unified Architecture, click here - QuickOPC supports it too.
Supported OPC-A&E OperationsWith QuickOPC, you can perform following OPC Alarms&Events operations:
- Discover (browse) OPC servers (applications) on the computer and on the network.
- Browse the address space of the OPC server.
- Get state of an event condition.
- Acknowledge an active condition.
- Query for event categories and event conditions.
- Subscribe to events, and possibly later change the parameters of the subscription, or unsubscribe.
- Refresh the event subscription.
Most developers use the imperative programming model to create their applications. You can also:
- Display ready-made browsing dialogs with rich user interface.
- Use Reactive Programming for high-level abstraction and complex operations on streaming data.
Useful links: Documentation / Examples / Knowledge Base
OPC Alarms & Events Example in C#
The code below (in C#) shows how to subscribe to event notifications and display each incoming event using a callback method that is provided as lambda expression, using QuickOPC:
// The callback is a lambda expression that displays the event
(_, args) => Console.WriteLine(args));
No other product can do this in such a clear and concise code, in a single statement!
Of course, more examples come with the product. And, all OPC Alarms & Events features of QuickOPC can be used from many languages and tools - not just C#, but also VB.NET, VB6, C/C++. VB6, PHP, Excel (VBA), Delphi, Perl, Python and more.
Footnote & required disclosure: QuickOPC (including its Options) is a software development kit (SDK) for development of OPC clients. Installing QuickOPC or its Options does not change system settings.