QuickOPC for OPC Data Access (OPC-DA)
OPC Data Access (OPC-DA) is the original OPC specification. Its common use it to move real-time data from PLCs, DCSs, and other control devices to HMIs and other display clients, but it gained broader usage scope over the time. The current version of the OPC Data Access specification is 3.0. It leverages earlier versions while improving the browsing capabilities and incorporating XML-DA Schema.
OPC-DA is fully supported by QuickOPC. You can develop OPC clients with data access capabilities easily with help of QuickOPC components.
In addition to the COM/DCOM based OPC-DA, QuickOPC also supports the SOAP-based OPC XML-DA specification.
New: OPC DA is now also available under .NET Core (on Windows).
Supported OPC-DA OperationsWith QuickOPC, you can perform following OPC Data Access operations:
- Discover (browse) OPC servers (applications) on the computer and on the network.
- Browse the address space of the OPC server.
- Read one or more values/items/node attributes.
- Write one or more values/items/node attributes.
- Subscribe to changes of a value/item/node attribute, and possibly later change the parameters of the subscription, or unsubscribe.
- Browse access path for an item.
- Browse OPC properties of an item.
- Get value of one or more OPC properties of an item.
Most developers use the imperative programming model to create their applications. You can also:
- Display ready-made browsing dialogs with rich user interface, or create forms with flexible OPC browsing controls..
- Use Live Binding to enrich visual controls by OPC data without writing a code.
- Use Live Mapping to create .NET objects that represent connected OPC entities.
- Use Reactive Programming for high-level abstraction and complex operations on streaming data.
Footnote & required disclosure: QuickOPC (including its Options) is a software development kit (SDK) for development of OPC clients. Installing QuickOPC or its Options does not change system settings.