Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC UA .NET C# Reading to Array, License Problem

More
20 Sep 2022 15:15 #11100 by support
Hello.

OPC UA spec is much stricter with regard to data types in writing. In OPC DA, the server is basically required to convert the incoming value whenever it can be done. In OPC UA, the client must provide the value that has the precise data type as the variable. This is sometimes problem with numeric types, because there are integers of different bit sizes, and signed/unsigned, and also 4-byt and 8-byte floating point values.

Have you read this?:

- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...e%20in%20OPC%20UA%20Write.html

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2022 13:59 #11099 by amlynar
I am currently switching from OPC DA to OPC UA and the DA version seems to be able to read and write to it without problem. This is the error I receive when I try to write to the array. I write to the OPC UA server the same way I wrote to the DA server. It works perfectly fine for every tag I have, I'm just having issues on two arrays I use.

Exception thrown: 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException' in OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA.dll
E 09/20/2022 09:56:21 OpcClient: OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException: An OPC-UA operation failure with error ID 'Opc.UA.ServiceResult=0x80740000' occurred, originating from 'OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA' and with depth of 1. The inner OPC-UA service exception with service result 'BadTypeMismatch' contains details about the problem. ---> OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAServiceException: OPC UA service result - {BadTypeMismatch}. The value supplied for the attribute is not of the same type as the attribute's value.
+ The attribute Id used was 'Value'.
+ The node descriptor used was: NodeId="nsu=CODESYSSPV3/3S/IecVarAccess ;ns=4;s=|var|B-Nimis MC-Pi Prime S01.Application.GenV.Cam_Array".
+ The client method called (or event/callback invoked) was 'WriteMultiple[1]'.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAWriteValueArguments writeValueArguments)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, Object value)

More
20 Sep 2022 13:37 #11098 by support
Some more information:

The Trial License has all QuickOPC features enabled. So, if you want to test out the Complex Data, or any features that are not in your current license edition, you need to temporarily uninstall your QuickOPC license. This reverts you to the Trial License which has all features but only delivers valid data for 30 minutes each process run.

After you have done the evaluation, you can then install your QuickOPC license again. It's all done (install/uninstall) in matter of seconds.

Regards

More
20 Sep 2022 13:33 #11097 by support
Hello.
The issue is not with the fact that the value is an array.

It is with the fact that it contains custom types (server-defined structures). You need QuickOPC Enterprise or higher for that.

- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User's...e.html#Product%20Editions.html

- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User's...omplex%20Data%20Extension.html

Best regards

More
20 Sep 2022 13:25 #11096 by amlynar
I am receiving this error when trying to read an array. I bought the QuickOPC Standard, Site License, With 5 Years Upgrade Assurance. How can this be resolved?

This was the line of code where it breaks:
Console.WriteLine(easyUAClient1.ReadValue("opc.tcp://192.168.10.50:4840/", "nsu=CODESYSSPV3/3S/IecVarAccess ;ns=4;s=|var|B-Nimis MC-Pi Prime S01.Application.GenV.Cam_Array"));

Error:
LicensingException: An OPC-UA Complex Data license is not granted for option "UAComplexData". Obtain and install proper license to resolve this error.
+ The client method called (or event/callback invoked) was 'ReadMultiple[1]'.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds