Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

KEPServer reading namespace problem

More
17 Feb 2022 09:33 #10630 by support
No problem, thanks for letting me know.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2022 09:12 #10629 by radek.huber
Hello,

it took more time then I expected but we were able to do deeper investigation on customer environment and it look like there was probably problem with typo in node id. I created code sample just for this testing and it works as it should. Sorry for the false alert.

Best regards,
Radek Huber

More
31 Jan 2022 12:13 #10578 by radek.huber
I will gather data and then I will reply back to you, but it can take few days.

More
31 Jan 2022 12:10 #10577 by support
In addition, please post here the error message you are getting when reading the node Ids that "does not work".

More
31 Jan 2022 11:52 - 31 Jan 2022 11:52 #10576 by support
Thank you.

This should work. I would like to have a look at it.

Can you please provide:
- KepServerEX version number.
- QuickOPC version number.
- A code example that shows the problem.
- A corresponding KepServerEX configuration?

Thank you
Last edit: 31 Jan 2022 11:52 by support.

More
31 Jan 2022 10:58 #10575 by radek.huber
Hello,

We were using your QuickOpc framework for both reading and the browsing. We obtained the node id by method BrowseDataNodes.

Br,
Radek Huber

More
31 Jan 2022 10:53 #10574 by support
Hello.

It is not clear from your post how you use the obtained node ID string. In fact, I am not even sure you are writing about using it in some other QuickOPC API call. Or, are you trying to use it in some other OPC client?

Regards

More
31 Jan 2022 10:51 #10573 by radek.huber
Hello,

We had an issue with one node ID during reading from the KEPServer. We tried to use node ID we got from the quick opc browsing. It was composed from namespace name, namespace index and string id. But we were not able to read this node. It started working when we deleted namespace name part of the node id. Have you encontered this issue with KEPServer? Also this was problem only for one node from the KEPServer. We were able to read other nodes using namespace name.

Best regards
Radek Huber

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds