Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Delphi

More
16 Jan 2017 09:25 #4759 by alr1976
Replied by alr1976 on topic Delphi
i have problem opc ua browser example is for Delphi xe7 but i have delphi 2010. do u have old example that works for delphi 2010?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2017 19:24 #4756 by support
Replied by support on topic Delphi
No, Delphi is not .NET based, Delphi is COM based, therefore it uses QuickOPC-COM.

More
13 Jan 2017 17:53 #4755 by alr1976
Hi!
You write that in quickopc-net is possible to have callbacks. So it possible to use callback in Delphi?

More
13 Jan 2017 16:45 - 13 Jan 2017 16:45 #4754 by support
I have written that you cannot use callbacks in QuickOPC-COM, and therefore Delphi (maybe I have not made this clear enough).

Or are you now talking about a different tool, not Delphi?
Last edit: 13 Jan 2017 16:45 by support.

More
13 Jan 2017 13:26 #4753 by alr1976
Thank you very much.... can you provide me callback example? i need to understand it before start my project

More
13 Jan 2017 13:05 #4752 by support
Hello.

Ad 1) Yes. Example comes with the product, under ExamplesCom\OP\DelphiXE7\UADocExamples, there are several examples - for UABrowseDialog, UADataDialog, UAEndpointDialog, UAHostAndEndpointDialog.

Ad 2) In QuickOPC.NET you can use callbacks instead of events, and specify a different callback function with each SubscribeDataChange.

QuickOPC-COM only has events, no callbacks, therefore this is not possible - that's how events work. You need to use the State (any value provided by your code, not the Handle) to distinguish between different subscriptions.

In theory you could create multiple EasyUAClient objects and then hook a different event handler on each of them. That will work, and on the server side it would even be efficient, because all EasyUAClient objects are handled by the same underlying engine, but it will be inefficient on the client side, causing extra resources be consumed with each EasyUAClient. If you have just a handful of items, or groups of items, then you can do that. But do not create hundreds or more EasyUAClient objects - that would not be a good idea.

Regards

More
13 Jan 2017 11:21 #4751 by alr1976
Delphi was created by alr1976
Hi!

1)It possible to show opc ua dialog in Delphi? How? it possible to have an example?
2)I have 2 subscribe item .... it possible to have 2 OnDataChangeNotification ?
for example :
i got:
Client.SubscribeDataChange(
'opcua.demo-this.com:51211/UA/SampleServer',
'nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10853',
1000);
Client.SubscribeDataChange(
'opcua.demo-this.com:51211/UA/SampleServer',
'nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10900',
500);

It possible to have 2 ondatachangeNotification or i must filter it by Handle?(In Delphi)

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds