Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

EasyOpcUAPubSubDemo Ver. 5.59.0.4

More
15 Aug 2023 06:54 #11991 by Gunter

As a final note, the "normal" use of UADP is over UDP.

Okay, but "normal" is often from your point of view :-)

My "normal is more

UADP over Ethernet, (TSN), or UAFX (UA FLC, Field Level Communication).

At least for the next view years.....

And since I am more a tester than a software developer, it would be great if I could have a date or timeframe for your next "product release".
Or maybe any pre-release of this specific tool (EasyOpcUAPubSubDemo) ?
I can over you a good test for this tool :-)
Best regards Gunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2023 16:45 - 15 Aug 2023 06:18 #11989 by support
Hello,
this is a good catch - thank you for reporting it.

In order to use the Ethernet transport, the project needs to reference the OpcLabs.Pcap package: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20UA%20PubSub%20packages.html .

And, the EasyOpcUAPubSubDemo does not actually do it.
We will fix it into the next product version.

In the meantime, you should be able to do it yourself, by updating the project and rebuilding it.

As a final note, the "normal" use of UADP is over UDP.
UADP over Ethernet is meant for more specialized OPC UA use cases that are largely either under spec development or still fairly new, such as real-time communication (TSN), or UAFX (UA FLC, Field Level Communication).

Best regards
Last edit: 15 Aug 2023 06:18 by support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunter

More
14 Aug 2023 12:01 #11984 by Gunter
I want to tryout UADP message over Ethernet transport. For this I use your OPCUA Demo Publisher in Interactive mode.
This seems to be working because i can see the Messages in wireshark on the configured Network Card.
But than in a next step i want to see the messages in your Easy OPC-UA PubSub Demo Application. For this i choose:
UADP messages over Ethernet transport, demo publisher on the local network. And than i tried to subscribe.
But this will result in an error message:
Die Datei oder Assembly "OpcLabs.Pcap" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
+ Getting type with name "OpcLabs.Pcap.CaptureDeviceEthernetMessageChannel,OpcLabs.Pcap".

And also when i try to configure the connection for "EthUadp" it always result in error: "OpcLabs.Pcap" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden
But wireshark is installed and working.
And when i try to use UADP messages over Ethernet transport, data from capture file on disk, this results directly in an exception. I put the debug info here as an attachments.
Would be nice to get any support to get this test running :-)
Best regards
Gunter
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds