Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

programmatically configure a set of live bindings

More
28 Sep 2018 07:14 #6722 by support
Hello.

It is certainly possible. But the design goal for Live Binding was that it for coding-less development, and for that reason, it is not documented. The ideas was that people will use Live Binding where it fits; and will use the more traditional approaches where it does not.

I might be able to give help if I know what precisely is required. Do you need to create a complete set of new bindings dynamically from the code? Or are the bindings pre-configured, and what you need is to modify them somehow? Or is something else?

There is one particular scenario that is not currently supported but I find it relatively common, and I therefore considered implementing it in some future version. It is when users want to develop forms with Live Bindings that are essentially bound always similarly, but need to be re-directed to different servers (endpoints) or different parts of OPC address space in runtime. Live Binding cannot currently do it (without the extra coding we are discussing). It would be possible to enhance the Live Binding to allow this kind of dynamicism. If there is a demand for it, I can develop that for a future version, but it is not something that is currently available. Let me know.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2018 07:07 #6721 by support
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:50 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik ...
Subject: Programmatically Configure Live Bindings

Z,

[...] if it is possible to programmatically configure a set of live bindings. I wasn’t aware of a way but I figured I would ask anyway.

W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds