Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

EasyOpcUADemo Unable to Connect to KEPServerEX

More
10 Apr 2021 10:07 #9595 by support
G.,
the "unsupported" .NET Framework version should not, at least in this case, be a problem. The VS version - as long as the projects build well - is also fine.

"The specified network password is not correct" is kind of a mystery. As far as I can remember, it has always been related to app instance certificate, and could be resolved by removing the old one, which causes QuickOPC to create a new one. What's important there is that the admin rights might be required to put the new certificate store, but they should not be required for retrieving it.

So, - and I do not see that clearly from the tests performed - would it work to have EasyOpcUADemo run as admin *once*, and the subsequent runs under normal user?
a) If that works, then that is also the recommended solution for the customer's application.
b) If that works, but the customer would still say they can't run their own app with admin rights even once, then they would have to change where the app certificate is stored (because in this case, the behavior is as expected).

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2021 20:45 #9592 by gkalipershad
Z,

I wanted to get your input on this customer situation.

OPC Data Client V5.41.1036.1
Visual Studio 2019
.NET Framework 4.7.2
KEPServerEX is the OPC UA Server

I first want to acknowledge that he is using an older version of the toolkit on an newer VS version and newer .NET Framework.

I have attached a screenshot of the EasyOpcUADemo app when it tries to connect to a remote KEPServerEX. I am surprised that the error message is so short. I have seen "The specified network password is not correct" before, but it has always been in the context of a much more detailed error description.

We had him install KEPServerEX on the local machine 2 perform 2 tests:

1. Does the EasyOpcUADemo display the same behavior when the KEPServerEX is local? The answer is yes.
2. Can the KEPServerEX OPC UA Client Driver connect to the remote KEPServerEX OPC UA Server? The answer is also yes.

There is no OPC UA Security policy enabled and I am having him confirm for me whether he is allowing anonymous login from the OPC UA Server. I would assume yes if KEPServerEX to KEPServerEX works.

He did confirm that running the EasyOpcUADemo app as administrator works, but that is not a suitable solution for him.

I am wondering if you have any alternate suggestions or if you know what he might be able to do to avoid having to run the app as admin. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
GK
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds