Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Error: The requested name is valid, but no data will by found for the requested type

More
07 Feb 2017 10:30 #4934 by support
Hello,

I understand what is happening in the demo app - you are right, the passing there goes through the endpoint URL string and therefore the user info is lost.

Are you saying that you are using the user authentication with the Live Binding as well? You have not mentioned that in the steps taken.

Can you still send the details of the error ("..." -> Copy to Clipboard).

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2017 07:58 #4933 by bmts
I am not sure if is the same problem but,

When I try run EasyOpcUaDemo application I have the same problem.
The problem was incorrect passing ServerEndPointDescriptor between dialogs and application (descriptor contain UserIdentity=login password).
(I have set on in server login with username and password).

More
07 Feb 2017 06:17 #4932 by support
Hello,

thank you for your answers. Unfortunately it still remains a mystery, so I apologize but I have to ask more:

1. When you tested with "traditional coding", was that from the same client computer as with Live Binding?

2. Can you send me both projects - the one with traditional, and the second with Live Binding? (zipped; can be attached to the forum post, or emailed). I understand that in the second case, you have not actually managed to create the binding, but I want to check whether something have not gone wrong in the project setup itself.

3. Can you please obtain details of the error and send them to us? To do so, locate the small "..." button left to the yellow error box. Click the "...", and a dialog appears with more information about the error. There is a button like "Copy to Clipboard" in the dialog - press the button, and then Paste the information (it can be quite long) to your reply.

Thank you in advance.

More
07 Feb 2017 06:06 #4931 by support
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 6:28 PM
To: Z.
Subject: AW: OPC Labs Contact Form - QuickOPC-Problems during evaluation

Hello,
thank you very much. [...]

Here my answers to your 4 questions:
1.)
Yes, I’m absolutely sure, that I edit the correct URL!
2.)
The server is a different device (S7-1500). The client is a windows 7 notebook with the IP 192.168.0.10
3.)
I entered the URL manually: opc.tcp://192.168.0.1:4840
If I browse the network, QuickOPC never finds the OPC-Server
4.)
If I start the connection on the entered URL, I get for a short time the infomessage browse… and after a few seconds it appears the errormessage „The requested name is valid, but no data will by found for the requested type
„ in the yellow windows at the bottom fot he dialog.

I hope, you can help me, because I hope that we can use OPC-Lab at the technicak schools in Baden Württemberg.

Best regards

More
04 Feb 2017 13:41 #4924 by support
Hello,
thank you for your interest in our products.

This is a weird problem (because it works with "procedural coding" - but the Live Binding is just a layer over that, so it should work then as well).

I have some questions.

1. Are you absolutely sure you have the URL of the server correct - equal to the one you used with the "procedural coding"?

2. Is 192.168.0.1 the same computer as where the client resides, or are the client and the server on two different computers?

3. How did you enter/select that URL in Live Binding/ Were you able to browse (discover) the OPC servers and then just pick the right server? Or have you entered the URL manually?

4. At which moment do you receive this error? Is it e.g. when you try to browse the nodes in the server, in order to select the node for the binding? Or at some different moment?

Thank you

More
04 Feb 2017 13:22 #4923 by support
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2017 3:53 PM
To: ...
Subject: OPC Labs Contact Form - QuickOPC-Problems during evaluation

I'm testing QuickOPC and I started with "Making a first OPC UA application using Live Binding". Everthing works fine with your "opcua.demo-this.com". But if I change to my Simatic S7 OPC-Server with "opc.tcp://192.168.0.1:4840" I still get an error called "The requested name is valid, but no data will by found for the requested type".

Whats my problem? If I start with "Making a first OPC UA application using traditional coding", everythnf works fine. Even with other UA-Clients.

Best regards

R.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds