Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

How to trust the server

More
07 Jun 2016 19:05 #4110 by giles
Replied by giles on topic How to trust the server
However - when I also disabled the 49320 ie the open one endpoint it seems to work! That's odd.

I'm goiung to go home now but I think it will be ok

thanks a lot - will post tomorrow to let you know...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2016 18:59 #4109 by giles
No joy still get the same error (plus I did re initializekepware to make sure it got the changes)

More
07 Jun 2016 18:57 #4108 by support
Replied by support on topic How to trust the server
The 49321 is for us just a discovery endpoint. If the server then lists all its endpoints during discovery, we can end up picking a different endpoint for the actual communication.

More
07 Jun 2016 18:55 #4107 by support
The hosts, as indicated in the endpoint addresses, must be accessible from the client side. This can be a problem with the endpoint that uses 127.0.0.1, because when this address is passed to the client and the client decides to use this endpoint, it would address its own machine, and not the server's. Please try to disable or remove this endpoint.

More
07 Jun 2016 18:54 #4106 by giles
I am attaching to 49321

More
07 Jun 2016 18:52 #4105 by giles
here you go... (scrubbed the names out)
Attachments:

More
07 Jun 2016 18:45 #4104 by support
This has pointed me to something.

Can you send me an image, or a precise copy of information, that you have on the "Server Endpoints" tab in the "OPC UA Configuration Manager" of the Kepware server?

Thank you

More
07 Jun 2016 18:30 #4103 by giles
However - if I run kepware on the same PC as opclabs client - and access it via the network name (ie not local host) everything works

More
07 Jun 2016 18:25 #4102 by giles
Yes I don't get an untrusted certificate in kepware and even when I import the client certificate generated by OPC labs into kepware it does not work.

However I can see it working with other clients (eg kepware's own ua client)

More
07 Jun 2016 18:21 #4101 by support
Thank you. The error message you are getting indicates a problem opposite to what you have reported. The error message says that the server does not trust the client certificate (Note: but it can also be a problem not related to certificates).

Are you saying that you do not see the client certificate being put in "Rejected" certificates on the server side? If I remember well, Kepware is supposed to show such certificates, and then has a command (button) to "trust" those that were originally rejected.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds