Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

ReadMultipleValues exception

More
05 Feb 2020 17:30 #8200 by Boris
Replied by Boris on topic ReadMultipleValues exception
Hello. Thanks for the prompt reply and fix. Now the error does not occur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2020 12:33 #8192 by support
Hello.

This issue should now be fixed - QuickOPC 2019.2, (5.56.)1055.1 or later. Please download the latest version form our Web site, verify the build number (on the first page of the installation wizard), install, rebuild and retest.

Best regards

More
31 Jan 2020 08:38 #8188 by support
Thank you. I now realized we have probably intentionally disabled it by configuration, as there were some disorganized users who could completely mess up the history and "flow" of the discussion by going back and making edits that changed thing A to thing B - instead of using the Edit for simple corrections that have no influence on the substance.

More
30 Jan 2020 18:44 #8187 by Boris
It looks like a screenshot in the attachment.
Attachments:

More
30 Jan 2020 18:34 #8186 by support
Thank you, I edited it now. On my side, I have an Action button below the post, and it has an Edit command in it. But I do not know how it looks to the regular user.

More
30 Jan 2020 18:26 #8185 by Boris
I created a separate topic. But I can not edit the old message. There is no button for editing.

More
30 Jan 2020 18:06 #8183 by support
Please create a separate forum thread for the second, unrelated issue, and then edit your original post to remove the parts that do not relate to the original issue.
Thank you.

More
30 Jan 2020 09:19 - 30 Jan 2020 18:33 #8182 by Boris
Thanks.

> QuickOPC does not support them, so you won't be able to read that node after the fix anyway.
I understand it. The main thing for me is to avoid an error. The fact is that we made a program with which users can try to read any tag they wish. And the main thing for us is to exclude the program crash.

[unrelated part removed]
Last edit: 30 Jan 2020 18:33 by support.

More
30 Jan 2020 08:08 #8180 by support
Hello.

I was able to reproduce the problem. This appears to be a bug in QuickOPC 2019.2. Thank you for reporting it.
There will be a fix (a new build). Please be patient - it may take some days. I will make another post here when it is ready.

Note that the problem has to do with reading values of type ExpandedNodeId that contain non-zero server index. QuickOPC does not support them, so you won't be able to read that node after the fix anyway. The proper behavior is that a non-null .Exception appears in the corresponding element of the array returned from ReadMultiple or ReadMultipleValues.

Regards

More
29 Jan 2020 15:57 #8179 by Boris
Oh sure. This is not the first time I have been updating. I copied the new libraries from the "\OPC Labs QuickOPC 2019.2\Assemblies\net47" folder.I also updated all files "..._TLB.pas" from "\OPC Labs QuickOPC 2019.2\Examples-COM\OP\Imports" folder.
On your PC, the error does not occur when reading the tag "ExpandedNodeId"?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds