Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

enhancing a non-OPC Application to a OPC UA client

More
08 Jun 2016 12:22 #4115 by support
I thought you want to integrate OPC client functionality into your application. What you have sent looks like a low-level protocol to some device.

In the OPC world, typically it is the OPC server that takes care of the communication protocol and the actual communication with the device. The data provided by the OPC server are then already in much more meaningful format, such as streams of values with timestamps and qualities.

If, for whatever reason, the string you have described is being transferred "as is" through OPC )I doubt it), then a generic OPC client has nothing to do with its internal semantics. It would be a task of the application (i.e. your code) to interpret the string.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2016 06:31 #4111 by toha0893
- The Data Structure consists exclusively of ASCII Characters
- Semicolons are being used as delimiters
- Update time every 60seconds
- Every Output Data Structure contains Data from 16 Measuring channels regardless of the number of measuring channels actually in use
- <CR><LF> are used to show the end of the data structure
I´ve uploaded a test data structure… The output of the SCADA software looks just like that.

File Attachment:

File Name: Test.txt
File Size:0 KB
Attachments:

More
07 Jun 2016 12:40 #4090 by support
Can you describe in more detail what you mean by "short Data Structure"? Do you perhaps have a document, or other way to describe it?

More
07 Jun 2016 12:32 #4089 by toha0893
Dear sir,
thank you for the answer, at least I know now for sure that quickOPC can do what we need. However I am at a loss on how to actually begin with the OPC UA enhancement of the non-OPC SCADA application. The SCADA applications output is a short Data Structure. What is the first step, if in the end, I want to make this Output Data available to a OPC UA server using quickOPC?
Best regards

More
06 Jun 2016 05:56 #4082 by support
Dear Sir,
thank you for your interest in our products.

It is correct that our QuickOPC product can be used to integrate OPC UA (and OPC Classic) functionality into a Delphi application. We provide several Delphi-based with the product (after product installation, they are under ExamplesCom/OP/DelphiXE7.

The examples are mainly aimed art showing how the basic methods of QuickOPC API can be called from Delphi, and as such, are relatively simple. The most relevant functionality (such as browsing, reading, writing, and subscribing to data changes) is, however, shown well. It is also possible to look at examples in other languages, because there are really just two APIs (one for .NET and for COM tools), and even these two are almost identical. The language that has the biggest number of examples is C#.

Due to the number of functions in the product times the number of tools/languages our product can be used from, it is unrealistic to provide comprehensive set of examples for everything and everyone. We would be, however, happy to answer any concrete questions, in case you would not know how to achieve something.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: toha0893

More
03 Jun 2016 10:34 #4079 by toha0893
Hallo OPCLabs team,
Our company has decided to make our Delphi based on Microsoft running non OPC SCADA software OPC UA compatible(Gen. 4.5), as a in-between step to developing a new SCADA software and hardware based fully on OPC UA Architecture(Gen. 5). I identified your QuickOPC product, as a possible way to achieve that goal, since QuickOPC should make it possible to enhance our non-OPC software to become a functionally OPC UA-Client and connect it to any of the OPC UA Servers of our Customers.
So the Question is, do you provide any examples on how to enhance a SCADA (ideally Delphi based) software to become a fully functional OPC UA client using QuickOPC?
Best regards
Tomas

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds