Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Error message "Das angegebene Netzwerkkennwort ist falsch" when trying to connec

More
14 Jun 2021 13:27 #9743 by jkahlert
Thanks for your fast response! Yes, I could setup a VM for VirtualBox containing a "naked" (german) Windows 10, an installed QuickOPC 2021.2, a sample OPC UA server (e. g. UA Expert C++ Demo server) and our application including a To-do-list for reproducing the problem. Would that be helpfully for you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2021 12:46 #9742 by support
Hello,
thank you for your detailed report. Yes, you have understood everything correctly, including the facts about auto-generation of the certificate and Admin rights.

You are not alone with this problem. Other customers have reported it recently as well. Some were able to resolve it clearing the certificate store and starting over, but some were not. We tried very hard to reproduce the problem on our side, but we could never get it appear on our computers, which is makes nearly impossible to resolve it. We suspect that it has to do with specific Windows configuration/update or something alike.

Would you be able to give us a reproducible scenario that starts with a clean Windows installation (note that after normal clean OS installation, the problem does *not* occur), OR perhaps a VM image which "contains" the problem? We would be more than happy to reward you for such cooperation, by providing e.g. a very high discount on a new license, or free upgrades, etc.

Best regards

More
14 Jun 2021 11:40 #9741 by jkahlert
I'm testing my application in a Windows 10 VM under VirtualBox. It works without problems as long as I start the application with "Start as Admin". If I start it without this option I cannot connect to any OPC UA server. I get the error message "Das angegebene Netzwerkkennwort ist falsch". The attached screenshot shows the behaviour when trying to connect/browse the OPC UA server via your standard OPC UA Browse dialog. I used the CODESYS server in this case, but it's the same behaviour with other servers. I can connect without problem e. g. by using the Softing OPC UA demo client. I copied the detailed error message to clipboard and have attached the corresponding text file. I think it's a certificate problem, but if I understood the certificate generation process correctly it would have been sufficient to start the application only once with the "Start as Admin" option to force the certificate generation. After that it would be possible to connect without Admin rights!?

File Attachment:

File Name: ErrorMessage.txt
File Size:8 KB
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds