Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

UA Authentication

More
17 Jun 2021 06:16 #9766 by support
Replied by support on topic UA Authentication
Hello @escarre,
this is from the OPC Labs tech support.

What is it that you are trying to achieve?
The URL of the server is specified in method calls, sometimes directly, sometimes in the endpoint descriptor object. But I am not sure if that was your question.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2021 12:59 #9763 by escarre
Replied by escarre on topic UA Authentication
Hi m.baumgartner,

I'm a Delphi developer and I'm trying to set up the user and password information.

I saw you used TEasyUAClientConfiguration, but how do you set the URL server information?

Thanks,
Escarre

More
02 Nov 2017 11:19 #5630 by support
This is an interesting idea (setting multiple identities globally). I will make a note for a possible product enhancement. Currently it is not supported.

But, having something like this would probably require a trial-and-error approach: The component will have to simply try each of the identities provided, sequentially, to figure out which one works. And it will receive an error when the identity is not the right one. This would slow down the connections. For this reason, aside from some special cases, I do not see it as a truly "good" thing to have.

Best regards

• m.baumgartner
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Nov 2017 09:52 #5628 by m.baumgartner
Replied by m.baumgartner on topic UA Authentication
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes this will work with editing the UAENdPointDescriptor.
I was hoping a possibility to set multiple useridentity globally to simplify the coding.

Thanks anyway for this solution that will perfectly work.

Best Regards.

More
01 Nov 2017 13:25 #5626 by support
The user identity can either be set globally (the way you are doing it), or it can be specified inside the UAEndpointDescriptor: www.opclabs.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%27s%20...ntDescriptor~UserIdentity.html .

So, you just need to create the UAEndpointDescriptor, set its "usual" properties (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User's...ointDescriptor_properties.html ) like the UrlString, and then also set the UserIdentity. This can be done differently for each server then.

Best regards

• m.baumgartner
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Oct 2017 09:47 - 31 Oct 2017 09:47 #5621 by m.baumgartner
UA Authentication was created by m.baumgartner
Hello,
We use QuickOPC in COM with Delphi.
I try to connect to OPC server UA with authentication.
With this code it works great :
EasyUAClientConfiguration := TEasyUAClientConfiguration.Create(nil);
  //EasyUAClientConfiguration.AdaptableParameters.SessionParameters.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.UserName := 'admin';
  //EasyUAClientConfiguration.AdaptableParameters.SessionParameters.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.Password := 'moxa';  UserIdentity := TUserIdentity.Create(nil);
  UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.UserName := 'admin';
  Useridentity.UserNameTokenInfo.Password := 'moxa';
  EasyUAClientConfiguration.AdaptableParameters.SessionParameters.UserIdentity := Useridentity.DefaultInterface;
  Useridentity.Destroy;  EasyUAClientConfiguration.Destroy;
But know i want to pu multiple Username ant password for multiple OPC Server UA.
How we must do that in Delphi? I have found UserIdentity.CreateUserNameIdentity in your documentation but this method is not available in Delphi wrapper.

Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 31 Oct 2017 09:47 by m.baumgartner.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds