Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Subscription of the same item in two different objects with different updaterates.

More
31 Jul 2014 05:57 #2113 by LuisGar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2014 16:27 #2107 by support
Hello, the behavior you describe is by design. It is an optimization based on an idea that multiple subscriptions can be replaced by a single one with the fastest rate. Depending on the requirements, sometimes this is not desired, as it is in your case.

You can choose a different behavior as well.

I suggest that you set the Isolated property on each of your EasyDAClient objects to 'true', right after instantiating them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LuisGar

More
30 Jul 2014 07:22 #2104 by LuisGar
Hi.

I am trying to generate two different objects, one for visualization, the other to store the values gotten from the OPC server in the database, I want to subscribe the OPC items at different rates, for example I want for visualization to display the values every 1000 ms and to store them every 5000 ms.
I have two EasyDAClients, with one of them I update the visualization with another one I do update my DB. If I susbcribe an item just in the DB client, it update correctly every 5000 ms, but as soon as I subscribe the same item in the Visu Client, I also get updates in my DB every 1000ms,

Is there a reason why it works in that way?

It is possible two have different Clients, with the same OPC item but at different rates?

Best Regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds