Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Quick OPC NuGet Program issue

More
02 Jan 2023 11:30 #11400 by support
Hello,

thank you for the details. So, you are saying that the updates stop coming, i.e. you do not receive any data change notification with e.Succeeded == false, but also not any new data? Please confirm.

I will send you an evaluation license key by email. Please test the same thing with the current QuickOPC 2022.2 (version 5.70) and let me know the results. The evaluation license key is valid for 30 days.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2022 18:21 #11399 by eshaq.quadri
1. You are hooking to clientConnectionMonitoring.ServerConditionChanged. But you did not describe whether there are interesting events coming in. That is, when the problem occurs, does the "server condition" change, or not? Is it "connected" at that time, or at some other status?
Answer, this one code always shows as connected, only first time when i run this code, it shows as disconnected and later it always shows connected.

2. Please post here the code of your handler of DataChangeNotification (or the basic skeleton of it). What I am looking for is whether your error handling code is correct.
Answer, I am attaching the complet

File Attachment:

File Name: Form2.cs
File Size:20 KB
e code of form code behind file for further clarification.
Attachments:

More
31 Dec 2022 14:37 #11398 by support
Hello.,

I have some additional questions:

1. You are hooking to clientConnectionMonitoring.ServerConditionChanged. But you did not describe whether there are interesting events coming in. That is, when the problem occurs, does the "server condition" change, or not? Is it "connected" at that time, or at some other status?

2. Please post here the code of your handler of DataChangeNotification (or the basic skeleton of it). What I am looking for is whether your error handling code is correct.

Regards

More
31 Dec 2022 03:38 #11397 by eshaq.quadri
We have been running and using QuickOPC client in our C# program to read necessary tags and capture some updates.
We have few concerns related to the OPC lab C# NuGet component which we are using.

We have EasyUAClient client component attached to the DataChangeNotification event in C# program.
And when we track changes based on one tag using DataChangeNotification, we notice that periodically, it stops detecting the change of the tag and the program freezes.
We need to know what is missing to track that periodical change.
This program behavior of non-detection happens only after the when program runs successfully for few hours. Then in such case, once we restart program, everything works fine.
We are running OpcLabs.QuickOpc of version 5.63.246.

Please find code snippet as below:

var client_qc8 = new EasyUAClient();
IEasyUAClientConnectionMonitoring clientConnectionMonitoring = client_qc8.GetService<IEasyUAClientConnectionMonitoring>();
if (clientConnectionMonitoring is null)
{
Console.WriteLine("The client connection monitoring service is not available.");
WriteText($"The client connection monitoring service is not available.");
return;
}

clientConnectionMonitoring.ServerConditionChanged += clientConnectionMonitoring_OnServerConditionChanged;
client_qc8.DataChangeNotification += UA_MultiDataChange_Notification_qc08;
client_qc8.SubscribeMultipleMonitoredItems(new[]
{
new EasyUAMonitoredItemArguments(null,url, “sometag”,1000),

});

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds