Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Quick OPC NuGet Program issue

More
27 Feb 2023 15:11 #11575 by support
Hello,
thanks for response, I understand. Some additional questions:

1. When the problem happens, and the notifications stop coming, is the user interface of the program still responsive in basic sense? That is, if you form has any controls such as edit boxes, list boxes etc., when you try to use e.g. mouse to click and select, do they react by changing the focus or selection, OR is the user interface completely dead, which is usually then indicated by extra sound and/or Windows detecting that the program is "irresponsive" and showing a message box about it.

2. In this "problem" state, can the program be closed using the "X" on the window caption or its other usual means? Or, does it have to be "terminated" from the Task Manager?

3. Please start Windows Event Viewer, and navigate to Windows Logs -> Application. Are there any events coming from the application during its run, and specifically close to the when it stops responding? (or, if it is close to the time the problem happened, ANY events, even from other sources, would be of interest).

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2023 07:03 #11573 by eshaq.quadri
Answering to your second question, Yes its not possible as it is happening on production server. Also, the program crashes sometimes in 3 hours, sometimes after 6 hours and sometimes after 24 hours. So there is no certainty in the number of hours in which the program stops, only when we get complaint from end user, we restart the application and that's how it works until now.

More
23 Feb 2023 20:09 #11570 by support
Actually , given that you already provided the code of a Form-derived class , I think the answer to the first question is "It is a Windows Forms application". So I just need the answer to the second question please.

Regards

More
23 Feb 2023 19:29 #11569 by support
Thank you.
I have some additional questions:

1. What kind of project is your application? E.g. Console app, Windows desktop app (Windows Forms or WPF), Windows Service, Web app, Web service, etc.

2. Would you be able to attach a Visual Studio debugger to the application in the state when it has stopped receiving updates (in order to extract some thread information that I would describe to you)? Or, is the application in the production setup where this is not possible?

Regards

More
23 Feb 2023 10:44 #11561 by eshaq.quadri
Dear OPC support, i tried with the license provided with 2022.2 version, still the application had same issue, it stopped reading tags or any update after 25 hours.

More
20 Feb 2023 13:46 #11552 by eshaq.quadri
Ok, once you provide me the new key, i will use that and see if it have any impact

More
20 Feb 2023 12:13 #11551 by support
Of course it does not work. It was valid for 30 days, as written below when I sent it.
Will send you a new one by email. And yes, test your issue with QuickOPC 2022.2.

Regards

More
20 Feb 2023 11:52 #11550 by eshaq.quadri
Dear OPC support, the below provided license key is also not working, it is showing as invalid

More
20 Feb 2023 10:13 #11547 by eshaq.quadri
Dear OPC support, Can you update on below, or should i check with QuickOPC 2022.2?

More
02 Jan 2023 12:00 #11401 by eshaq.quadri
No, it will not go inside the data change notification method at all. e.Suceeded step is when it goes inside.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds