Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC on Windows Server by Apache webserver

More
22 Feb 2023 12:32 #11557 by Pala
resolved

how?
libray installed in a folder that not run witk error poted
solution applicated > move QuickOPC in to folder /programdata

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2023 09:07 #11556 by support
Hello.

We do not have a manual/step list, but if we were to create one, it would use the steps I outlined in my previous post. There were no specific settings (the install of WampServer was with all defaults). Then, create an Apache alias. And it worked. And it also worked after restarting the Wamp services. So I could create the instructions and they would be prettier and lengthier, but in the end there won't be any new information over what is stated in the post.

I do not understand what you mean by "restarting QickOPC". QuickOPC is not a program/process. It is a library. It does not run by itself, and thus cannot be "restarted" as such. Please explain.

Regards

More
21 Feb 2023 17:11 #11555 by Pala
but an important question

have you a guide, manual o step list to install your QuickOPC Php COM on Apache server?

Windows server 2022
Apache server
Php 8

More
21 Feb 2023 16:28 #11554 by Pala
upgrade

we did a test

deleted quickOPC
shut down apache
reinstalled QuickOPC
restarted apache
QuickOPC works

but
if I turn everything off and restart by restarting QickOPC we have the usual problem

my doubt and that Apache's httpd.conf after the first installation when we restart it no longer finds the certificates where it expects to find them

More
20 Feb 2023 14:18 #11553 by support
Hello.

I have set it up, and - unfortunately - it works for me. I am not experienced with Apache, so here is what I did:

1. Installed WampServer 3.3.0 (64 bit) from sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/ .
2. Started its services.
3. Using the tray menu icon, under Apache -> Alias directories, create a new alias named "test", and pointed it to the physical directory where we have our Web PHP examples.
4. Browsed to http://localhost/test/ReadValue.Web.php .
5. This gave me the expected result, i.e. the value read from the server, in the browser page.
(all done from my account that has admin privileges, but was not escalated at that point)

I have observed, however, that the certificate files created for me (in the structure under "C:\ProgramData\OPC Foundation\CertificateStores") have a name that is different from yours: Mine are e.g. "Apache HTTP Server [F26D15DD8ECC8176874770D266F44F66B359FB27].pfx".

I think that the fact that I have "Apache HTTP Server" and you have "+CGI + FastCGI+" means that your server is configured differently, and that may have big influence on the issue we are dealing with.

Can you comment on that, and maybe tell me how to configure the Apache so that is resembles yours? QuickOPC creates the name of the certificate from the properties of the process it is running in. So, it looks you run the code in a different process?

Best regards

More
20 Feb 2023 10:35 #11549 by Pala
perfect... I'm waiting you

More
20 Feb 2023 10:27 #11548 by support
Hello.

I am returning to the office today and only then will have a chance to set up an environment to reproduce your issue. I need to create a separate machine with both the Apache and our development tools. Working on it.

Regards

More
20 Feb 2023 09:25 #11546 by Pala

news for me?

I have a "Enterprise, Single Developer + Runtime Free License" but I can't use it

More
17 Feb 2023 10:47 #11545 by Pala
now is really identical

but error is the same
Fatal error: Uncaught com_exception: <b>Source:</b> Opc.Ua.Configuration<br/><b>Description:</b> OPC UA service result - {BadConfigurationError}. Cannot access certificate private key. Subject=CN=CGI / FastCGI. Cannot access certificate private key. Subject=CN=CGI / FastCGI

c:\ProgramData\OPC Foundation\CertificateStores\MachineDefault\certs contain follow files:

+CGI + FastCGI+ [D8BD0393588B848DD72B55195F0A67C5955CFF8D].der
Connectivity Explorer [846D888C85B8F99F9D04267CE7D6E33099E4CA2F].der

c:\ProgramData\OPC Foundation\CertificateStores\MachineDefault\private contain follow files:

+CGI + FastCGI+ [D8BD0393588B848DD72B55195F0A67C5955CFF8D].pfx
Connectivity Explorer [846D888C85B8F99F9D04267CE7D6E33099E4CA2F].pfx

all files + log_20230217.txt in attachement in a zip file

File Attachment:

File Name: file_20230217.zip
File Size:10 KB
Attachments:

More
16 Feb 2023 07:20 #11544 by support
Hello.

But they are not identical. The folder structure under "C:\OPC Foundation" contains the DER and PFX files for "+CGI + FastCGI+", whereas the structure under "c:\ProgramData\OPC Foundation" does not contain them.

That's why I wanted you to copy it over.

Regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds