Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC License

More
17 Feb 2022 11:59 #10632 by support
Replied by support on topic OPC License
Hello,
thank you for the details.

The information I have leads me to a suspicion that there is something wrong with how you are embedding the license key.
Have you gone through the steps described under the Troubleshooting header on opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...esource%20License%20Store.html ?

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2022 10:21 #10631 by Dang
Replied by Dang on topic OPC License
Hello,

See the full error message in the attached screenshot.

Best regards
Dang
Attachments:

More
16 Feb 2022 13:25 #10625 by support
Oh, I see you have already tried the embedding the license. That is the right way to do it.

You then need to describe what actually happens. The full error message.

Regards

More
16 Feb 2022 13:23 #10624 by support
Hello.

The License Manager is for managing the license keys stored in the registry,

They license keys from the registry are used in projects that target .NET Framework, COM tools, and for features that "live" inside Visual Studio (such as Live Binding) in design time.

In your case (targeting .NET 5), you need to embed the license key in your project. See:

- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2.../webframe.html#Licensing3.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...esource%20License%20Store.html

Best regards

More
16 Feb 2022 12:59 #10623 by Dang
Replied by Dang on topic OPC License
Hi,

We activated the license via LicenseManager(program) and used the OPCLabs library as usual, however in a .NET 5 application instead of .NET Framework as before.
After a little while we saw that the license stopped being active as was called a demo (it's a standard site license to my knowledge).
I then used your documentation to get any information about the active license via the code, and it returned it's version was 11...1120 (demo).
I tryed using the in code OPCLabs LicenseManager to activate a share it code as embedded resource, but still same result.
Any ideas of why this is occuring?

Best regard
Dang

More
16 Feb 2022 12:53 - 16 Feb 2022 12:53 #10622 by support
Hello.

Please describe the issue according to usual guidelines, i.e. 1) steps taken, 2) behavior observed, 3) behavior expected.

Best regards
Last edit: 16 Feb 2022 12:53 by support.

More
16 Feb 2022 11:34 #10621 by Dang
OPC License was created by Dang
Hello,

We are having dificulties with using our OPCLabs license on .net 5, I'm in doubt if this is due to the version of our license?
We have lost the receipt and don't know if it's with upgrade assurance, or if our issue is something else?

Best regards
Dang

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds