Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

COM covered by Standard Edition

More
25 Sep 2020 09:30 #8949 by support
No, at the time of extension (renewal) you get a new license key, and the new license key has the features/limitations built into it that are valid at the time this new license key is being issued.

That is the situation I described in my previous post - quote (the highlighting is new):

...Thus, users with Upgrade Assurance never have to upgrade their editions in order to keep using the features they had at the time of the purchase. At the time of renewal, however, the current edition structure needs to be re-considered.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2020 08:21 #8948 by VFoxpro
I just checked my invoices:

July 14, 2017:
QuickOPC Standard, Single Developer + Runtime Free License, With 3 Years Maintenance

July 06, 2020:
Extension to Upgrade Assurance for QuickOPC Standard, Single Developer Runtime Free License, 5 Year

So, "Extension to Upgrade Assurance" still covers COM develoment in "QuickOPC Standard" originally purchased on July 14, 2017 ???

Regards.

More
24 Sep 2020 15:56 #8945 by support
Just to make it possibly clearer - but you have probably already noti9ced: What I have written about the licenses also works forwards in time, not just backwards. So if, as probably in your case, you have purchased the license at the time when Standard included COM development, with Upgrade Assurance, then for the duration of your Upgrade Assurance, newer versions of QuickOPC will not only work with the license key, but will also include the COM development - even if those that buy the Standard "now" will not have that.

Thus, users with Upgrade Assurance never have to upgrade their editions in order to keep using the features they had at the time of the purchase. At the time of renewal, however, the current edition structure needs to be re-considered.

Best regards

More
24 Sep 2020 14:59 #8942 by support
Hello.

Yes, all that you have written is correct.

Best regards

More
24 Sep 2020 14:01 #8940 by VFoxpro
Thank you very much. I have an "old" standard licence.

The licence information says:
Release date covered: 31.07.2020

So, as far as I understand I could use version 2020.2 (5.58) for COM based developement because the release date was 06.04.2020.

I had ordered an upgrade assurance for my standard licence. Since COM is important for me, I would need an upgrade from Standard to Professional in order to continue COM development with version 2020.3 and above. Right?

Regards,
Rainer

More
24 Sep 2020 13:45 #8939 by support
Hello,
I would have to dig this information out, but I am not sure whether it is relevant for anything. What is your intent?

The licensing/editions are largely orthogonal to the QuickOPC versions. That is, if you buy e.g. a QuickOPC Standard license today, it will work in principle with earlier QuickOPC versions, but because the today's licenses do not allow COM based development n the Standard edition, COM will *not* work in the older version with the newly purchased license - even if at the time that old version was released, the Standard licensed *had* allowed COM. There is no way to purchase "old" licenses.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: VFoxpro

More
24 Sep 2020 12:43 #8938 by VFoxpro
Dear support,

Which version of QuickOPC is the last one where COM based developement is covered under Standard Edition Licence?

Regards,
Rainer

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds