Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Sudden InvalidOperationException

More
10 Apr 2013 08:09 #1291 by jarmoe
I received the license file. And installed 5.21. It has now been running for 24 hours successfully:) I will say the problem is solved.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2013 07:51 #1289 by jarmoe
We had mail problems last week. Please retry sending to my original email.
Thanks

More
05 Apr 2013 07:48 #1284 by support
I have problems delivering the upgraded license to your original email. Can you please inform us of an alternate email - either using the Contact form on this site, or by replying to an email we used when delivering the original license. Thank you.

More
04 Apr 2013 10:49 #1274 by support
This would not be a problem, but - I have checked the records and you are actually covered by a maintenance contract, so you are eligible to get the newest version in full, free of charge. You just haven't claimed it yet. Will send the license by email.

More
04 Apr 2013 09:46 #1273 by jarmoe
Hi.
I would like to test it with 5.21, but the trial version only runs for 30min. Is it possible to extend the trial period? We're in a "soon to release" period, and would like to know whether or not an upgrade will fix this problem, before actually upgrading.

Thanks!

More
04 Apr 2013 09:30 #1272 by support
Hello. Troubleshooting this could be difficult unless we can reproduce it. I have checked the affected code, and apparently there have been some changes between your version, and the current one (5.21). For this reason, it would be worth testing with the newest version, as the support for the older versions is limited. Can you do that?

Best regards

More
03 Apr 2013 09:51 - 03 Apr 2013 09:53 #1267 by jarmoe
We experience a sudden invalidOperationException while subscribing to signals provided by Softing OPC server.
Our client have been running without problems for hours, when it suddenly fails with the following entry in EventLog.
Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          25.03.2013 23:24:53
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      ELX123403
Description:
Application: StimlineOPCClient.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
Stack:
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.GCHandle.FromIntPtr(IntPtr)
   at <Module>.OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.CDAInnerItem._GetState(OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.CDAInnerItem*, gcroot<System::Object ^>*)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.FillItemChangedEventArgs(UInt32, OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAItemChangedEventArgs)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.MakeItemChangedEventArgs(CEasyEvent*, OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAItemChangedEventArgs ByRef)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.MakeEventArgs(CEasyEvent*, System.EventArgs ByRef)
   at <Module>.OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.CDAInnerPump.PreprocessEvent(OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.CDAInnerPump*, CEasyEvent*)
   at <Module>.CEasyAbstractPump.PreprocessEventList(CEasyAbstractPump*, CList<CEasyEvent,CEasyEvent const &>*)
   at <Module>.CEasyAbstractPump.ExecuteEvents(CEasyAbstractPump*)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.EventsProcess()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Tried using version 5.11 and 5.12.

Any hints or help is very much apriciated.
Cheers jarmoe
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 09:53 by jarmoe. Reason: more info

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds