Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Precondition Failed: SdkCertificateValidationEventHandler == null

More
05 Mar 2015 09:52 #2916 by support
It is now fixed. Will be in 5.32.1104.1. At the core was our inability to obtain some reasonable defaults for the client certificate parameters in a compiled VB6 program.

I have not tried it, but there probably is a workaround too, by specifying the certificate parameters (such as ApplicationName) from the application, using the parameters accessible through EasyUAClientConfiguration. That is an advisable approach with the fixed build *anyway*, because the values we supply for application name etc. will probably not be ideal for the customer.

Look under EasyUAClientConfiguration.SharedParameters.Engine, properties ApplicationCertificateSubject, ApplicationName, ApplicationUriString, ProductUriString.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdunlap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2015 12:42 #2876 by support
I can confirm the problem and will investigate.

The log entry with "Could not load configuration file" is, however, probably normal (to be expected unless the user provides a custom config file for UA SDK), and not related to the problem.

Best regards

More
02 Mar 2015 21:54 #2874 by cdunlap
I am working on trying to create a VB6 UA client and I am seeing the following error when running the executable (from outside the IDE):

I can also reproduce this behavior with the "UADocExamples" samples you provide. Note that if you open the UADocExamples project and run the program from within the VB6 IDE, everything works fine. If you File->Make the project into an executable, run it from it's destination folder, and attempt to do any operation on the _EasyUAClient (click any button), you will see this error appear there as well.

I also noticed that if I clicked the EasyUAClientConfiguration LogEntry.Main button, I could see one log entry that happened before the program failed:

I’m not sure if that is useful, but I’m hoping it will be.

I am wondering if we are missing something or if you think there is an actual problem somewhere. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds