Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Precondition Failed: SdkCertificateValidationEventHandler == null

More
27 Nov 2015 10:24 #3709 by Gardoni
Yes, I'm absolutely sure that all assemblies have been deployed. We double checked this fact.
Thanks, Davide Gardoni

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2015 10:22 #3708 by support
Thank you, I am glad it works. Not quite sure why the GAC resolved it, but with this information in hand, we will investigate further. Are you sure that all necessary assemblies have been deployed alongside your application?

More
26 Nov 2015 15:15 #3707 by Gardoni
Hello. As from your suggestion, Demo worked properly. To fix the problem I had to follow these steps: uninstall 5.35, reinstall 5.35 selecting also the "assemblies inside GAC" option, even if we don't use GAC. This fixed the problem.
Tks, Davide
:)

More
26 Nov 2015 14:13 #3705 by support
Dear Sir,

this is a problem that has already been reported to us (as documented in this forum thread). We were, however, never able to reproduce it, and are therefore not currently in a position to provide an explanation or a workaround. It is possible that with more information in hand, we would be able to understand what is happening "inside the covers". For this reason, below I am here copying a request for more info which we have sent to another customer (and to which, unfortunately, he has not responded):

I need to bother you with additional questions.

Can you please try [the same] with the demo app?
Can you please capture the call stack at the time of exception?
Can you please add an event handler to the static EasyUAClient.LogEntry event, and capture (and send to us) all the event messages that it provides since the start of the service until the moment of the exception?

I know it takes some effort to do this, but I see no other way to get closer to some solution at this point.

Thank you, and best regards

More
25 Nov 2015 10:59 #3702 by Gardoni
Hello. Your libraries have been integrated in a WPF component and in a .NET exe.
ONLY on one machine (it as been cloned from the others and the others machines run properly) we are having following issue, ONLY when you try to use WPF User control. EXE runs correctly.
Version is 5.35.442.1
Popup on the screen when you try to drag the WPF user control inside a container is:

Precondition Failed: SdkCertificateValidationEventHandler == null

We need some suggestion to fix the problem, because at the moment the PC is in installation phase in a customer plant.

Tks,
Davide Gardoni
Idra

More
05 Nov 2015 07:22 #3643 by support
I have not provided any workaround or solution yet. It is an internal error for which I either need to find a reproducible scenario, or somehow obtain enough information about the internal status of the library on your side. As I could not reproduce it so far (will keep trying), I need to bother you with additional questions.

Can you please try with the demo app?
Can you please capture the call stack at the time of exception?
Can you please add an event handler to the static EasyUAClient.LogEntry event, and capture (and send to us) all the event messages that it provides since the start of the service until the moment of the exception?

I know it takes some effort to do this, but I see no other way to get closer to some solution at this point.

Thank you

Regards

More
03 Nov 2015 15:57 #3640 by sebpinski
I can confirm that I've just updated my DLLs and this error has occurred.

Updated from version: 5.34.274.1
to new version: 5.35.442.1

Could you please be a little more verbose with how to implement the workaround.

For completeness:
- Windows 7 64 bit Service Pack 1 & Windows Server 2012 64 bit Service Pack 1
- C#
- Windows service
- Both
- easyUAClient.SubscribeMonitoredItem(new UAEndpointDescriptor("<endpoint>"), new UANodeDescriptor("<descriptor>"), 1000, OpcClient_ItemChanged);
- always
- Not tried the demo apps

More
18 Oct 2015 15:40 #3619 by support
You may have the same or similar error message, however the cause would probably be different, because the original issue has been fixed (and not reverted in 5.35).

Can you please provide as much as possible information, and specifically:

1. Operating system, bitness, and service pack level used.
2. Which language and/or tool you are using.
3. What type of project (e.g. desktop app, Web app, Windows service, ...)
4. Does it happen when you run the program in the debugger? Or outside the debugger? Both?
5. Important: the call stack.
6. Does it happen only sometimes, or always?
7. Do the demo apps (for OPC UA) supplied with the product work well, or do you they also show the same problem?

Thank you

More
18 Oct 2015 07:58 #3618 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

problem return in version 5.35.414.1.
can you fix this ?

thank you,
Adi Damty

More
05 Mar 2015 22:01 #2938 by Ahock
The new build seems to have solved the problem!

Thank you for your quick response on this.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds