Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

excel problem

More
05 Apr 2022 08:26 #10780 by support
Replied by support on topic excel problem
I have seen this happening before, but could not determine the conditions under which it occurs.

This has to do with the auto-generated OPC UA application instance certificate for the client application - which, in this case, if QuickOPC "embedded" in Microsoft Excel.
Basically, you have first created (- was created for you) the certificate some time ago (yours was from 2021). And it probably worked back then. The certificate validity is also OK (valid for 50 years or so). But it is being rejected now and thus cannot be used as a client certificate.

I suspect that some Windows update could have cause this.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2022 14:14 #10779 by baldassarra
Replied by baldassarra on topic excel problem
PERFECT!!!! Now is ok.....Are there ploblems with certicates?
br

More
04 Apr 2022 13:36 #10778 by support
Thank you.

Can you please delete all "Microsoft Excel" certificates from that directory structure, and then start Excel again and see what happens?
There are 4 files in total (with .DER and .PFX extension, and under MachineDefault and RejectedCertificates).
Ideally, also remove the "Microsoft Excel" one that you showed in UA Config Tool under "LocalMachine/My" or any other you find (there are Windows stores, not directory stores, so you will have to use either that UA Config Tool, or MMC|).

Regards

More
04 Apr 2022 13:14 #10777 by baldassarra
hi
attached there is the file...
thx
Attachments:

More
04 Apr 2022 10:53 #10774 by support
Hello.

The Documents and Settings directory I suggest should exist, it is just hidden. But what you have found effectively points to the same place, so it is OK too.
And the images from UA Configuration Tool are helpful somewhat, but I actually really need the directory listing for start. Can you please then change the directory to the folder you found (C:\Program Data\OPC Foundation ), and do "dir /s >dir.txt" and attach the result? Thank you.

Best regards

More
04 Apr 2022 10:23 #10773 by baldassarra
hi
the "Document and Setting" doesn't exist.
I have this path:
C:\Program Data\OPC Foundation
In this directory I find these folders:
- CertificateStores
- Config
-GDS
-Logs
-UA
Is that right?
br

More
04 Apr 2022 07:10 #10772 by baldassarra
hi
attached two pictures of manage licenses
br
Attachments:

More
02 Apr 2022 18:26 #10770 by support
Hello.

Can you please start Windows command prompt (as an admin), and do following commands:
cd "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\OPC Foundation"
dir /s >dir.txt
This will generate a "dir.txt" file, please post it here. The file contains the names of files that are present in "certificate stores" for OPC UA apps.

Thank you

More
02 Apr 2022 10:38 #10769 by baldassarra
hi
I tryied but I have the same problem.
br

More
02 Apr 2022 09:34 #10767 by support
Hello,
thank you for the details.

It looks like that there is a problem when the OPC UA client part is creating its application certificate (this is necessary for OPC UA communications).
It sometimes happens that the automatically generated certificate file cannot be stored where it belongs, because the user does not have appropriate directory permissions.

Can you log in as an administrator (or any user in local Administrators) group, and run the Excel demo with administrator privileges? This means not just running it from that account, but also using the "Run as administrator" at the same time. It can be done by locating the Excel icon, and then doing right-click on it. The command "Run as administrator" should be displayed there.

If this helps, then subsequent runs of Excel on the same computer, from any user, should work. It is only needed once.

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds