Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× The Connectivity Explorer application allows you to navigate through hierarchy of OPC Data Access and OPC Unified Architecture servers and data nodes. You can subscribe to data changes, and view the results live.

Selected data can be transferred to Excel, where it continues to stay subscribed, giving cell values that are dynamically updated with live OPC data.

Update to Version 2020.2

More
26 May 2020 11:19 #8510 by support
Replied by support on topic Update to Version 2020.2
Hello,

I am not using any of these, but I use VMWare and there is an import from .OVA, so hopefully that would work.
Would you be so kind and provide the file? (if needed I can open an FTP server for that).

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2020 06:04 #8508 by Enrico
Replied by Enrico on topic Update to Version 2020.2
Hi,

we are using the Virtual Box from Oracle and Packer/Vagrant. Thus I could either provide an Export made by the virtual box (*.ova) or the initial packer/vagrant file.

All the best

More
21 May 2020 05:27 #8494 by support
Hi Enrico, thank you for update.

Nobody else has reported this, and I could not reproduce it either. I hope it has not caused too much extra work to you.
In what form/technology you can provide the virtual box please?

Best regards

More
20 May 2020 14:18 #8493 by Enrico
Hi

I'm back again. I went trough a windows update Odyssee. Which anyway would have been necessary. With the result, that I have a complete new installation of windows 10, version 1909. No additional software, just one user account. And I get the same failure.

I than installed a new download (to avoid a corrupted download file) into a virtual machine. Ubuntu and within a virtual machine WIN10. I get the same failure there.

I than installed the 2020.2 version onto a different windows machine (our testbed) and there I don't get the error message.

Question: is there anybody else facing the same problem?

Way forward: I could provide the virtual box, thus you could have an environment in which the failure appears.

All the best

More
05 May 2020 11:24 #8465 by support
It is really unfortunate situation.
What you suggest is, however, probably the easiest at this point.

Regards from Plzen

More
04 May 2020 15:36 #8459 by Enrico
Hi,

I'm not using C# or VB.NET. Only the crazy applications like PowerShell with PowerShell ISE and/or Visual Core, VBA with the Macro-IDE and Python (com) also via Visual Code. I fear to setup the system and to clearly point to a failure message related to the current issue may take a while.

Thus I'm rather thinking of making a major windows update hoping that this will unlock the blockage. If the failure is gone afterwards, we don't know the root cause. But if nobody else has the same issue, then it is not worth to know.

What I can do during the update is, when re-installing the software and adding the additional user account, to install QuickOPC first and watch if any of the later activities lead to the same issue again.

I will let you know what the outcome is, but it may take a while to find a time slot for this.

Regards from Bremen

More
01 May 2020 06:57 #8446 by support
Hello,
I hate to ask you for additional work, but since I cannot reproduce it, there aren't many other options.

Can you find out what are the messages and call stacks of the inner exceptions? That would probably require opening the solution with C# or VB.NET example source code, run one of the OPC-DA examples under debugger, and then examining the exception. But not just the highest-level one (you already gave me its text), but also what is in its .InnerException property (message and call stack), and if its InnerException is not null, then further deeper.

Thank you

More
30 Apr 2020 09:30 #8442 by Enrico
Hi again,

just for curiosity I de-installed version 2020.2 and installed version 2018.3 again. In version 2018.3 the connectivity tool works as expected.

I also checked the build version of windows, which is 1809 and which is still supported. But I think, this doesn't matter.

Regards

More
30 Apr 2020 08:13 #8441 by Enrico
Good morning,

yes I start the Connectivity Tool from the launcher.

I tried to start any other OPC-DA, none of them functioned. The OPC-UA behaved as expected.

I'm working at the moment with the OPC-UA assembly in the .net framework. So far everything is fine. I don't know if I will see problems, when using Excel for Data visualisation. But I will see.

Ciao

More
30 Apr 2020 06:42 #8440 by support
I did two more tests:
- Installed 2018.3, upgraded to 2020.2.
- Installed German version of WIndows 10, installed QuickOPC 2020.2

I still could not reproduce it.

Questions:
1. How do you start the COnnectivity Explorer - is it from the Launcher app, under Tools?
2. What about other .NET-based apps in QuickOPC that use OPC Classic - do they work or what do they give? From the Launcher, can you please try Demo Applications (.NET) -> Demo Application (OPC-DA), then press "Subscribe item"?

Thank you

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds