Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

No Reconnect on OPC DA XML

More
30 May 2022 11:32 #10920 by support
Replied by support on topic No Reconnect on OPC DA XML
Hello,
the problems should be fixed now. Please download the current version (5.63.221.1 or later), rebuild, and retest.

Thank you for reporting the issues.
Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2022 09:24 #10883 by support
Hello,

Thank you for the additional information. I was able to reproduce both issues. I have forwarded this to the programmer who works on this part. I will post here when I have an update.

Thank you for reporting the problem, and best regards

More
23 May 2022 08:19 #10878 by Emes
Replied by Emes on topic No Reconnect on OPC DA XML
Hello,
sorry, I wasn't clear enough about the exception. The unsubscribe exception only occurs if the reconnect did not work. With an existing connection, Unsubscribe works without any problems. So I think that these are not 2 separate problems.
to 1.
The version I tested with "EasyOpcNetDemoXml" was 5.63.121.1. In my application I tested 5.63.194.1. Without change.
to 2. and 3.
I have attached a text file with the windows log entries.

to4.
I've tested both and it makes no difference.

Thank you

File Attachment:

File Name: ExceptionWinLog.txt
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
22 May 2022 07:29 #10875 by support
Hello,
so there are 2 problems (no reconnect, and the exception), and I want to look into both of them.

Can you please provide some more information:

1. I also need the build number of the software (the digits after 5.63). Please locate one of the OpcLabs.*.dll assembly files in File Explorer, right-click on it, select Properties, and find out the full version&build on the Details tab.
2. What are the details of the "system exception".
3. "The error message is in the Windows log" - please provide all relevant information from the Windows log.
4. "after a connection to the OPC XML servers is lost": In your case, is it due to network problems, or because the server is not running/is shut down - or it does not matter?

Thank you

More
19 May 2022 13:39 #10871 by Emes
Hello Support
I have the problem that after a connection to the OPC XML servers is lost, the subscriptions are not restored.
To fix this, I built in a function that deletes all subscriptions (EasyDaClient.UnsubscribeAllItems), deletes the instance and creates new ones.
Unfortunately I get a system exception with UnsubscribeAllItems that closes my program.
I have the same behavior with the supplied demo program "EasyOpcNetDemoXml".
Please try if you have the same result and do the following:
-Start EasyOpcNetDemoXml
-Leave all addresses on default.
-Click Subscribe
-Disconnect from the server
-Wait for the message in the Exception field
-Reconnect to the server

A connection is no longer established on my systems

-Click Unsubscribe
program closes
The error message is in the Windows log
At least that's how it is on my systems.
can you reproduce this?

My version is 5.63

thanks in advance

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds