Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

RPC Server unavailable when trying to connect across LAN

More
31 May 2013 16:14 #1326 by davejp21
Hello,

DCOM traffic was allowed, so I turned off the firewall on both computers, I still can not communicate over the network.

Please help,

David P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2013 17:25 #1319 by support
Is the DCOM traffic allowed through Windows firewall (or other firewall) on both local and remote computers? There are many ports that need to be open. For start, try to turn off the firewalls altogether, and check if it helps.

More
24 May 2013 21:48 #1318 by davejp21
Hello,

For now I am using your easyOPC .net demo... Everything is fine if I use it to access data from an OPC server on the same computer (local machine).

When I attempt to "browse for servers" on a machine on the same LAN, no servers are found and I get the message "RPC server unavailable". Lets call this other machine, MACH2. Your demo found the other machine (MACH2), the other machine has several OPC servers running on it and was verified, and all the services associated with RPC are running on MACH2. I.E. if I go to the service managment window, "RPC","RPC Locator", "RPC End point mapper" are all running.

A little bit more information. The OPC server I am trying to use is Citect opc server. At the time of testing, the citect server is available on both computers, however as I said, if I use your demo locally I can see the server and access data on it. if I try to do it remotely, it does not work.

Please help! And thank you in advance,

David P

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds