Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

error from server when writing

More
14 Mar 2022 12:57 #10742 by support
Hello.

The two operations certainly aren't the same.

In the WireShark capture taken with QuickOPC, you are writing an array of 33 Booleans.
In the WireShark capture taken with UAExpert (packet 421), you are writing a single Boolean.

Also, contrary to your claim, the NodeId is different. With QuickOPC, it was "ns=3; i=3911". With UAExpert, it was "ns=3; i=3861".

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2022 09:51 #10737 by ulix86
Hello
unfortunatley the server vendor doesn't support me at all, he says the problem doesn't exist with UaExpert.

I attach the report of the WriteRequest with UaExpert (same server, same data, same node), everything seems to work fine. This is my last attempt then I will quit the job.

Thank you, for your support.

File Attachment:

File Name: WriteRequest.pcapng
File Size:356 KB
Attachments:

More
12 Mar 2022 10:40 #10734 by support
Hello.
It can be seen that right after the WriteRequest (packet 223), the server abruptly closes the TCP connection (packet 225).

I do not see anything wrong with the WriteRequest, and even if it were wrong, the server should not react in this way.

To me, this looks like a server bug, until proven otherwise. Send this analysis to the server vendor and ask them to fix it.

We can also ponder about why another client had worked, and try to find the differences and a possible workaround. If you want to pursue this way, send me the WireShark capture of the same operation (same node, same data, ...) from that other client.

Best regards
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ulix86

More
11 Mar 2022 08:58 #10731 by ulix86

File Attachment:

File Name: sawmep.pcapng
File Size:1,714 KB

OpcUA Server: 172.16.108.33
PC: 172.16.108.13
Filter: ip.addr==172.16.108.33

Could it be a security policy issue?

Thank you
Attachments:

More
10 Mar 2022 19:53 #10728 by support
Hello.

The page link I have provided (kb.opclabs.com/Collecting_information_for_troubleshooting ) contained two more links with WireShark instructions:
- opcconnect.opcfoundation.org/2017/02/analyzing-opc-ua-communications-with-wireshark/
- www.prosysopc.com/blog/opc-ua-wireshark/

You can post the data here (zipped, if it's too long).

Thank you

More
10 Mar 2022 19:06 #10727 by ulix86

ulix86 wrote: Yes, I'm able to write with UaExpert without any problem.

Today I talked to the manufacturer of the machine and he told me that other software-houses have also managed to write to the server without problems.

I tried to install and configure Wireshark but I don't understand how it works, I see only lan connection in the main page...

Thank you

I was able to export the wireshark report of the writing procedure. Can I attach it here?

More
10 Mar 2022 16:45 #10725 by ulix86
Yes, I'm able to write with UaExpert without any problem.

Today I talked to the manufacturer of the machine and he told me that other software-houses have also managed to write to the server without problems.

I tried to install and configure Wireshark but I don't understand how it works, I see only lan connection in the main page...

Thank you

More
09 Mar 2022 07:13 #10716 by support
Thank you.

One more question, are you able to write the same using some other client? (such as UAExpert?)

If so, I tend to say that for whatever reason, the server disconnects upon the Write request. It is difficult to tell more without knowing the actual communication. Would you be able and willing to capture the communication using Wireshark? (ideally also with another client that works).

kb.opclabs.com/Collecting_information_for_troubleshooting

Regards

More
08 Mar 2022 15:08 #10715 by ulix86
1. Always when I' m trying to write a value on the server.
2. Yes, I can read the value without errors but I cannot write it.
3. With UaExpert the datatype is Default Binary - UInt32 Array[-1] (OneOrMoreDimensions)
but the same error happens with a Boolean Value.

Thank you

More
08 Mar 2022 14:35 #10714 by support
Hello,

can you give some more information?

1. With this particular operation, does it happen always, often, or rarely?
2. Are you able to do other operations (such as reading, or writing to other items) on the same server (using QuickOPC?)
3. What data type are you attempting to write?

Thank you

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds