Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Installation on 64-bit version of SBS2008

More
26 Apr 2012 13:43 #828 by support
Yes, the way you do it is right. I am glad that it works now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2012 21:06 #827 by ads
Yes. It works. Thank you
I have modified installer so on 64-bit OS first installs 64-bit versions of VC++ 2010 (vcredist_x64.exe) and OPC Core Components (OPC Core Components Redistributable (x64).msi) and after that installs 32-bit versions on all systems (vcredist_x86.exe and OPC Core Components Redistributable (x86).msi). Then registering of easyopcl.exe works correctly.
Kind regards

More
22 Apr 2012 19:01 #825 by support
Actually what this means is that you have resolved the original issue well. The fact that you are seeing this new error means that the component could find the necessary libraries correctly, and is now at least able to execute its own code.
0x80070005 means "Access is denied.", so we are dealing with permissions problem. Are you running under administrator account when attempting to register the component? And, are you also running with elevated privileges ("Run as administrator"?).
Best regards

More
22 Apr 2012 17:17 #824 by ads
I am trying to create my own installer so using your distribution package is on the second place.
But still I do not know which package is missing. If I remember well - yesterday when I tried to install MS Visual C++ 3.00 Redistributable Package for x86 on 64-bit SBS 2008, the system (or installer) reported me the package is not intended for this operating system.
Now I have tried to install OPC Core Components Redistributable for x86 on 64-bit SBS (without problem), then MS Visual C++ 3.00 Redistributable Package for x86 (now without message it is not intended for this system), but only change was when I tried to register EasyOPCL.exe the message changed to:
"Couldn't register as Local Server (0x80070005)" (and this message was in window with Caption: "EasyOPC-COM 5.1")
What else is missing please?

More
22 Apr 2012 09:37 #823 by support
Hello.
There may be several reasons, but I have discovered one at least: It appears that the documentation for Version 5.12 is incorrect in this respect. QuickOPC-COM in this version always runs as a 32-bit process, and therefore it needs the redistributable (incl. MFC libraries) for the x86 platform. The installation program does it correctly; you can use it do install the stuff you need - select "Custom install" and later "Production installation (COM)", but the documentation is not right. Please install the x86 redistributables and re-try. If you do not use the install program of QuickOPC, make sure you use the redistributable that is installed with the product anyway, as there are several builds of it.
For OPC Core Components on x64, the documentation is incorrect in a reverse way - it should actually say that you should install the x64 edition of them (same as in .NET doc).
I will make sure the documentation is fixed for the next version.
Best regards,

More
22 Apr 2012 05:27 #822 by ads
I am trying to install QuickOPC-COM on 64-bit version of Small Business Server 2008. But when I try to register easyopcl.exe the error message "Application could not be started due to mfc100u.dll component can not be found".
I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package for 64-bit system, OPC Core Components 3.00 Redistributable as directed in Automated Deployment.
And the message appears although many mfc100*.* files are present in C:\Windows\System32 directory, although I added mfc100u.dll into application directory.
Where could be a problem? Which part is missing?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds