Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

FSGateway OPC server browsing issue

More
29 Dec 2021 19:57 #10524 by micham
Done.

Thank you.

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2021 19:48 #10523 by support
Hi.

Yes please. It's inside the InstanceParameters of EasyDAClient.

Regards

More
29 Dec 2021 19:41 #10521 by micham
Hi,

I am using this object programmatically. See below.

Dim easyDAClient = New EasyDAClient()

Should I set the EnableNativeClient to 'false' programmatically for the easyDAClient object?

Thank you.

Michael

More
29 Dec 2021 19:32 #10520 by support
You *are* using the EasyDAClient object. Without it you wouldn't be able to get OPC properties or do other OPC operations. It is the main object of QuickOPC. You must have been somehow confused when you wrote the last post. It is even visible in the code you yourself have provided in this thread:
    Form1.DaItemDialog1.ServerDescriptor.MachineName = server_properties.server_comp_name
    Form1.DaItemDialog1.ServerDescriptor.ServerClass = server_properties.RealServerName
     If Form1.DaItemDialog1.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK Then
          TagName = Form1.DaItemDialog1.NodeElement.ItemId
          'Dim varType As VarType = easyDAClient.GetDataTypePropertyValue("", "OPCLabs.KitServer.2", "Simulation.Random")
          Dim value As Object = Nothing
           Dim exception As Exception = Nothing
           Try  ' Catch the exception May-29-2017
               value = easyDAClient.GetDataTypePropertyValue("", server_properties.RealServerName, TagName)
            Catch ex As OpcException
                exception = ex
                sTagType = ""
                DisplayOPCException(exception)
            End Try

The 'easyDAClient' variable clearly holds an instance of the EasyDAClient object, not only because the name suggests so, but because you are using it to make the GetDataTypePropertyValue call.

Regards

More
29 Dec 2021 19:22 #10519 by micham
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I have not used the EasyDAClient object until today.
1. Should I add it to the main form and change the EnableNativeClient to 'false'?
2. Anything else is required with this object?
3. What is the purpose of this object?

Thank you.

Michael

More
29 Dec 2021 18:04 #10517 by support
Hello.

What you wrote does not change or contradict what I suggested.
The point that I was making was that the the EnableNativeClient settings should be the same across EasyDAClient objects and the dialog/control objects.

From the information I have, it looks that you have set EnableNativeClient to 'false' on the dialog object, but have *not* done that on the EasyDAClient object. Please do so.

Regards

More
24 Dec 2021 06:53 #10505 by micham
Hi,

As you can see in the code below, we have only one EasyDAClient object. It is in Form1.

Form1.DaItemDialog1.ServerDescriptor.MachineName = server_properties.server_comp_name
Form1.DaItemDialog1.ServerDescriptor.ServerClass = server_properties.RealServerName
If Form1.DaItemDialog1.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK Then

Thank you.

Regards,

Michael

More
23 Dec 2021 19:23 #10503 by support
Hello.

What you have shown is how the EnableNativeClient is set to 'false' for the dialog object. Which is fine.
My concern was, however, about the EasyDAClient object, where the property needs to be set separately. It is highly recommended that the property is set consistently to the same value in all the EasyDAClient objects, and all QuickOPC dialog/control objects throughout the program. If it is not set like that, you end up with different parts of the program using different methods to connect to the servers.

Regards

More
23 Dec 2021 10:47 #10497 by micham
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

1) The EasyDAClient is placed on the form, and the properties configured in the Visual Studio designer. See the attached screen capture.

Thank you.

Michael
Attachments:

More
23 Dec 2021 10:15 #10496 by support
Thank you for the code. It is perfectly OK. I was wrong about the error handling: It is done correctly in your code, and it is also OK on our side. The confusion stemmed from the fact that your code calls GetDataTypePropertyValue which indirectly calls GetMultiplePropertyValues, but has different error model; but the exception message only "knows" about GetMultiplePropertyValues. So please ignore that part of my previous reply.

I still have doubts about

"EnableNativeClient is set to 'false' ."

You have not shown that part of the code. How is it done? There are multiple possibilities, such as:
1) The EasyDAClient is placed on the form, and the properties configured in the Visual Studio designer which then generates the code
2) you create "New EasyDAClient" and then set the property
3) It can be set from external configuration file.

Which approach are you using?

The reason I am asking is because from the error message (screenshot), it looks like that EnableNativeClient is 'true'.

Regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds