Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

BrowseBranchesWeb Timeout Exception

More
12 Apr 2021 15:02 #9598 by ZParham
Thank you so much! I have provided the new release to the end user and am waiting to hear back at this time.

Best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2021 14:24 #9596 by support
Hello, thank you for the video. Good news - I was finally able to reproduce the issue. As it turns out, it only appears in Release builds of the software, but normally I do the testing with the Debug builds, and that's why I could not reproduce it before.

With the repro, I was able to make a fix that works for me.

Please download a new build (5.59.1147.1) from the same location, and rebuild with the updated assemblies.

Best regards

More
08 Apr 2021 12:47 #9584 by ZParham
The end user was able to install 5.59.1044.1 and replace the assemblies. I met with them to confirm and capture the behavior. Below is link to a video of the behavior. I confirmed that they are referencing the assemblies from the new build.

Thank you so much for your ongoing assistance with this case. Please let me know if there is anything I can test.

drive.google.com/file/d/1X-exkZn1-8kcuawkwlwFZ6PaDP5MfsPs/view?usp=sharing

More
28 Jan 2021 12:39 - 28 Jan 2021 12:40 #9371 by support
Thank you. As I said, without a repro here this is difficult to handle. But, I have one suspicion in which BrowseNodes differs from other methods (and recently had some issue with it internally).

I have made a change that removes the problematic piece of code it from BrowseNodes. There is a chance (just a chance) that it will fix the problem.

Please download this special build (5.59.1044.1) from www.opclabs.com/files/transient/20210128/OPC%20Data%20Client-2020.3-Windows-Full.exe , and retest with it (please be absolutely sure that you are referencing the assemblies from the new build).

Thank you
Last edit: 28 Jan 2021 12:40 by support.

More
27 Jan 2021 14:31 #9368 by ZParham
4. Yes, browsing DA nodes does work from the desktop demo apps.
5. No, there is only one instance of the OPC Server Kit running
6. Yes, WebApplication1 and AutoRefreshWeb both work.

More
27 Jan 2021 09:32 #9367 by support
Hello,
this is quite difficult without a repro on my side. I have some questions (it is OK just to try it on your side, no need to know it from the customer).

4. I assume that the problem is only with Web apps: On the same computer, does browsing OPC DA nodes work from the desktop demo apps etc.?
5. Don't you get multiple instance of the OPC server running (check in Task Manager) : need to display processes "from all users" - isn't there the server ("opcrtkit") listed more than once?
6. I understand that BrowseServers works OK, and browsing for branches does not. What about other operations, such as Reads? There is Web demo project for it as well - does it work?

Thank you

More
26 Jan 2021 13:39 #9360 by ZParham
Here are the responses from the end user:
1. 5.59.492.1
2. It takes approx. 60 seconds before timeout error
3. Yes, using IISExpress

More
26 Jan 2021 13:26 #9359 by ZParham
I am waiting for confirmation from the end user on his answers, but I have gone ahead and included mine below.

1. I am using 5.59.492.1.
2. There is a perceivable delay. The screen does not load, a few minutes pass, then the timeout error occurs.
3. I am also using "IIS Express".

More
23 Jan 2021 10:50 #9354 by support
Hello,
So far I was unable to reproduce the problem.

I have some additional questions:

1. Which build of 2020.3 are you using? (I have recently delivered an update) - it should not matter but I want to use precisely the one you have.
2. Is there actually a perceivable delay (tens of seconds, or a minute or so) before the timeout error pops up, or does it appear quickly (how fast)?
3. Which Web server is being used? In my Visual studio, next to to "Debug" green arrow icon, I have "IIS Express".

Best regards

More
22 Jan 2021 16:18 #9353 by ZParham
I have a customer using OPC Data Client release 2020.3 (5.59) in VS 2019 on a Windows 10 computer. When running the BrowseBranchesWeb C# example in Chrome using the built-in test server (OPCLabs.KitServer.2), he receives the following exception:

"Timeout browsing nodes. + The client method called was 'BrowseNodes'."

The full exception details are in the attached text file.

He attempted to modify the example to extend the timeout, but received the same error.

We were able to recreate this behavior, and are seeing it with both the built-in test server and TOP Server.

Both the customer and I are able to run BrowseServersWeb with no issue.

Please let me know if there is any further information I can provide, or if you have any suggestions.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds