Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC UA Write Error (BadWriteNotSupported, 0x80730000)

More
19 Jun 2012 09:57 #900 by support
W.,

I was not able to reproduce the problem my original TOP Server V5.5.98.0, but I was able to reproduce it with the latest version that I have downloaded, V5.8.109.1.

It turns out that the earlier version was more forgiving in terms of input arguments for the Write operation.
V5.8.109.1 now rejects attempts to write the server or source timestamps, and in addition, it requires a value with the precise data type be sent to it.
For these reasons, I had to change your line

easyUAClient1.Write("opc.tcp://localhost:49380", "nsu=TOP Server;s=Channel1.Device1.Tag1", new UAAttributeData(123, UASeverity.GoodOrSuccess, DateTime.Now, DateTime.Now));

to

easyUAClient1.Write("opc.tcp://localhost:49380", "nsu=TOP Server;s=Channel1.Device1.Tag1", new UAAttributeData(123, UASeverity.GoodOrSuccess), TypeCode.UInt16);

After this change, it works fine.
Note that there is an even easier way to write this code:

easyUAClient1.WriteValue("opc.tcp://localhost:49380", "nsu=TOP Server;s=Channel1.Device1.Tag1", 123, TypeCode.UInt16);

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2012 09:52 #899 by support
<span style="font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">From:<span style="font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"> W.
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 10:09 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: RE: OPC UA Write Error

Zbynek,

Attached is my demo project. Can you see if it is in the project? I have tried Word and Short but I get the error no matter what. The customer is getting the same exact behavior. This is using TOP Server v5.8. What version are you using?

Thanks,

<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">W.

More
19 Jun 2012 09:51 #898 by support
W.,

I have tried your program, and it works well for me. It writes 123 into the tag, and I can then read it back (incremented).
In absence of the TOP Server configuration, I have created one for myself, with Tag1 set to “Read/Write”.

Are you sure your Tag1 is set the same? If this is not the cause, can you send me your TOP Server configuration?

Thank you

More
19 Jun 2012 09:50 #897 by support
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 5:32 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: OPC UA Write Error

Zbynek,

I get the below error when I try to Write to a tag. I can read from it no problem. Attached is the code I am using. Am I missing something?

1.png

Thanks,

W.
Data.NET.zip

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds