Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Subscribing to All UA Nodes in a UA Server

More
03 Mar 2023 14:03 #11602 by gkalipershad
Thank you, I will make this suggestion to the end user and provide this sample.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2023 07:16 #11598 by support
Hello.

It should be said that "subscribe to all nodes in the UA server" is, in a general case, a discouraged practice. The address space can be large up to being infinite, and subscribing to it requires browsing the nodes first, which can therefore take very long time. Also, I assume that the requirement isn't really "subscribe to all nodes" - because there are many nodes that make little sense for subscriptions (such as nodes in that define types). So the "probable" requirement is actually "all variables".

I admit that in a special case, such as when you know your target UA server and how its configuration(s) look like (and that they are reasonably constrained), this approach might be the way to go.

What you need to do is to combine the example you have already found, with this one: softwaretoolbox.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/OpcDataClient/...ata%20nodes%20recursively.html .

The "BrowseFromNode" method would, instead of displaying the nodes, add them to a list. After the calls finish, the assembled list can be used as bassi for making the subscriptions.

I hope this helps

More
02 Mar 2023 17:29 #11595 by gkalipershad
I feel like I am missing something obvious here, but I am having trouble figuring this out. Customer wants to subscribe to all nodes in the their UA Server. They don't want to maintain a list of the items and they want to make it so their application just picks up any new items that are added to the OPC UA Server without them having to change anything in the application. Do you know how we might accomplish this?

I am sure its similar to the below link, but I can't quite get it. I can do smaller groups/objects, but not the entire server namespace.
softwaretoolbox.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/OpcDataClient/...iables%20in%20an%20object.html

Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

GK

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds