Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

How to configure a request timeout in EasyUAClient?

More
25 Aug 2021 19:33 #10149 by support
Hello,

I have to bother you with request for some more information.

1) Please confirm the QuickOPC version you are using - is it 2021.2?
2) Please post here the piece of code that you use to switch to the SDK configuration.
3) "No SDK application configuration is available" does not look like the full error message. What is the the full message?
4) Please attach a handler to static EasyUAClient.LogEntry event at the beginning of your program, and post here all message texts that the program generates through this event when it fails under Linux.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2021 14:29 #10143 by support
Hello.

This functionality (external SDK config file) is rarely used, and it has not been tested on Linux. I will test it and attempt to reproduce your issue. Please allow some time for that. I will post here when I have an update on the issue.

Note (unrelated to your problem): Some information in the SDK config file is overriden by the parameters inside QuickOPC. This include the certificate paths; setting them in the file should have no effect. The long-term goal might be to provide all values from the config file via QuickOPC API, at which point this functionality will become unnecessary.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: servusintra

More
25 Aug 2021 14:08 #10142 by servusintra
Thank you for the quick response!

Unfortunately this configuration does not seem to work under Linux machines, yet on Windows it does.
The error message we receive is: "OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAEngineException: No SDK application configuration is available"

We updated the paths (e.g. for the certificates) and verified that the specified folders exist on the Linux host.

Can you please provide a configuration that is compatible with Linux-based (Debian preferably) devices?
Or are there any special actions that need to be performed when reading a configuration from a Linux host?

More
25 Aug 2021 09:23 #10140 by support
Hello.

I am attaching the default SDK configuration, used in QuickOPC 2021, regardless of whether it is or not identical to the one you referred to.

Yes, you have to specify the entire configuration (OK, parts of it are not really used, but the principle is as such; it is not enough to specify the differences).

Best regards

File Attachment:

File Name: UAClientEn...8-25.xml
File Size:12 KB
Attachments:

More
25 Aug 2021 08:53 #10138 by servusintra

support wrote: We have it implemented already, in the not-yet-released QuickOPC 2021.3. So, it will be available with this version. There is no set date for its release (except that it will be by end of 2021; but most likely sooner).

That is very good news. Thanks for letting me know.

I have two more questions regarding the configuration:

Where can I find the default (XML) configuration? Is the one linked here still up-to-date?

And do I have to specify the entire configuration or is it enough to just specify the attributes that need to be updated?

More
30 Jul 2021 13:21 #10077 by support
We have it implemented already, in the not-yet-released QuickOPC 2021.3. So, it will be available with this version. There is no set date for its release (except that it will be by end of 2021; but most likely sooner).

More
30 Jul 2021 09:42 #10076 by servusintra
Thanks for your reply.

Is there any roadmap or known date for when the operation timeout can be configured in code?

More
28 Jul 2021 18:05 #10065 by support

More
28 Jul 2021 16:33 #10064 by support
There are multiple timeout values.

If you can connect to the server, the server usually *does* respond properly (this timeout would be the OperationTimeout, which defaults to 60 seconds), by itself. Much more common are communication problems (network infrastructure) - in which case there are timeouts on connecting (e.g. EndpoitnSelectionTimeout), and mechanisms to detect disconnection (some of them are not even timeouts, but rather checking periods for keep messages etc. - it would be several pages to describe all that's involved).

Have a look at these links:

www.opclabs.com/forum/ua-reading-writing-subscriptions/2470-...ore-sessiontimeout-is-hit#6453
www.opclabs.com/forum/ua-reading-writing-subscriptions/2879-sessionetimeout-doesn-t-work#8343
www.opclabs.com/forum/ua-reading-writing-subscriptions/2174-...on-node-size-19-000-bytes#5155
opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...plication%20Configuration.html

Best regards

More
28 Jul 2021 14:16 #10063 by servusintra
I would like to know whether there is any way to configure a timeout for requests in the EasyUAClient. For instance, we send a write request to the OPC UA server to write some value to some variable and now that variable does not get written due to a connection timeout (server does not respond properly). How can we make such a request time out sooner? I am unsure about the available configuration parameters and this is why I need your assistance.

We are using QuickOPC version 5.59.492.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds