Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Reading/Writing Files exposed by OPC_UA Server

More
10 Jun 2021 07:19 #9740 by support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2021 09:07 #9700 by support
Hello,

are you still interested in OPC UA File Transfer? We should have a Beta with nice features for that soon.

Best regards

More
10 Mar 2021 18:49 #9489 by cadomanis
Thank you for the quick reply.

I'll do some initial testing with the existing and see what specific problems I find again.

I would be very interested in testing the new version's functionality. If our project goes as expected, we will be doing a lot of file manipulation, so have this functionality would be very helpful.

Thanks!

More
10 Mar 2021 18:36 #9488 by support
Hello.

I can offer you two ways of approaching this:

First one is the one you described. Use OPC UA objects and methods for files. I can help you if you describe what is the actual issue. OPC UA ByteString-s are represented as array of bytes in QuickOPC (byte[] in C#).

We are, however, planning to have a specialized object in QuickOPC which would have all the logic for OPC UA file handling in it (plus an object that will actually allow you to work with OPC UA files as normal .NET streams). It is planned for QuickOPC version 2021.2 (we are about to release QuickOPC 2021.1 in approx. a week, so this one will not have it yet). QuickOPC 2021.2 will probably be released several months after 2021.1. But, I should be able to give you prerelease versions with the file support already in one or two weeks from now. If you are interested, you could test it out. Let me know.

Best regards

More
10 Mar 2021 17:25 #9486 by cadomanis
Looking for assistance is reading and writing File ObjectTypes from our Beckhoff OPC Server. The following is a snippet from the server documentation that explains the functionality that has been exposed. I am able to access the files via a tool like UA Expert, but I am unclear how to achieve the same using Easy OPC.

From OPC UA specification version 1.02, OPC UA contains a specialized ObjectType for file transfer, which is described in Appendix C of the specification. This special ObjectType called "FileType" describes the information model for the data transfer. Files can be modeled as simple variables in OPC UA with ByteStrings. FileType is a file with methods for accessing the file. The OPC UA specification provides further information about FileType and the structure and handling of the underlying methods and properties for accessing a file in the OPC UA namespace.

I think this is as straightforward as calling the various methods on the folder and file types, but I am struggling with how to properly handle the byteString in the method calls.

Thanks for any guidance.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds