Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

EasyUAClient

More
11 Feb 2021 12:34 - 11 Feb 2021 12:35 #9438 by support
Replied by support on topic EasyUAClient
Hello.

This will probably have to with peculiarities of AlterNet Studio, and not directly with QuickOPC.
My guess is that you are getting this error because "Read" is not actually a method on EasyUAClient. Instead, it is an extension method - which means that it is implemented in a different class, and C# or VB.NET knows about it and pretends it is part of the EasyUAClient. It looks like that the scripting in AlterNet Studio does not implement extension methods?

For start, please try something like this instead:

attributeData = IEasyUAClientExtension.Read (client, endpointDescriptor, "nsu = http: //test.org/UA/Data/; i = 10853")
and let me know if it worked.

Note (unrelated): In the code you posted, there are space characters that will prevent it from working. I am not sure if they are really in your program, or whether it is just some artifact from copying/pasting into the forums. But the space characters in "opc.tcp: //opcua.demo-this.com: 51210 / UA / SampleServer", and those in "nsu = http: //test.org/UA/Data/; i = 10853", have all be removed, except possibly the one directly before "i="!

Best regards
Last edit: 11 Feb 2021 12:35 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2021 11:36 - 11 Feb 2021 12:25 #9437 by Werner.Gall@gapo.de
I have a class with which I read a variable via OPCUA.
When I execute this in a script (AlterNet Studio) the following error always occurs: "Read is no Member of EasyUAClient"

where is the problem?

I use AlterNet Studio 6.2
Public Class Class 1

Public Sub Read ()
Dim endpointDescriptor As UAEndpointDescriptor =
"opc.tcp: //opcua.demo-this.com: 51210 / UA / SampleServer"

Dim client = New EasyUAClient ()

Dim attributeData As UAAttributeData
Try
attributeData = client.Read (endpointDescriptor, "nsu = http: //test.org/UA/Data/; i = 10853")
MessageBox.Show (attributeData.DisplayValue)
Catch uaException As UAException
Console.WriteLine ("*** Failure: {0}", uaException.GetBaseException.Message)
Exit Sub
End Try
End Sub

End class
Last edit: 11 Feb 2021 12:25 by support. Reason: code formatting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds