Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Error Version 2020.3

More
17 Jan 2021 19:07 #9339 by support
Replied by support on topic Error Version 2020.3
Hello,
I am glad that it works. Thank you for letting me know.

QuickOPC 2020.3 was released on December 3, 2020. That's not that long. Only a portion of users make an upgrade really fast. And yes, OPC UA complex structures are not commonly used. What's more, as you have noticed yourself, the problem depends on the data. It may not appear with some servers or configurations at all.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2021 11:54 #9338 by Werner.Gall@gapo.de
This problem appears to have been resolved.
I hope there are not more errors.
Apparently I'm the only one who uses complex structures with OPC-UA, because this problem should have been noticed long ago.

More
15 Jan 2021 12:09 #9337 by support
Thank you. TeamViewer would only be of limited help; let's see how it works out. I have made the change that should hopefully fix the issue. Please download and install latest QuickOPC 2020.3 from www.opclabs.com/products/quickopc/downloads , and verify that it is build 5.59.1023.1 or later. Rebuild your project with it, retest, and let me know the outcome.

This assumes that you are building against the assemblies taken from the Setup program, and are not using the NuGet packages on www.nuget.org for build - they have not been updated yet. If you need them, let me know.

Best regards

More
13 Jan 2021 09:03 #9334 by Werner.Gall@gapo.de
wenn sie möchten dann können sie per TeamViewer das Problem direkt überprüfen

More
13 Jan 2021 08:55 #9333 by support
Hello.

In order to reproduce the problem, I would need access to the PLC with your configuration, and I do not have that currently.
But, it is possible that we resolve the issue without the need to reproduce it. I have reviewed the related changes between versions 2020.2 and 2020.3, and found a possible problem by inspecting the code.

I will prepare a new build of 2020.3 which will hopefully fix it. Please allow some time for it. I will notify you here on the forum when it is ready. Thank you for reporting the problem.

Best regards

More
12 Jan 2021 16:47 #9332 by Werner.Gall@gapo.de
Das Problem ist in Strukturen die Arrays enthalten, aber nicht bei allen.

Sie sollten das Problem mit meiner Struktur nachstellen da dies wirklich ein schwerer Fehler ist

More
12 Jan 2021 16:35 #9331 by Werner.Gall@gapo.de
ich lese die Struktur aus einer Simatic S71500 über OPC-UA
Mit der Version 2020.2 und kleiner gibt es kein Problem
Getestet mit dem Connectivity Explorer

Im Anhang die Struktur in der S71500 und der Fehler mit dem Connectivity Explorer 2020.3
Attachments:

More
12 Jan 2021 12:54 #9330 by support
Hello,
can you please provide some information?

1. What is the last version that has worked - was it QuickOPC 2020.2, or something older?
2. Can you still run you program built with the same version , and does it still work today? (just making sure that the problem is truly in the change in QuickOPC and not in some change elsewhere).
3. Can you send me or somehow what is an example of correct (expected) data read, from the old version?
4. What precisely happens with QuickOPC 2020.3? Do you get an error? If so, what is the error? Or are there other symptoms?

Best regards

P.S. For easier work, I am attaching the picture from your document right below.

Attachments:

More
11 Jan 2021 08:51 #9329 by Werner.Gall@gapo.de
es gibt ein Problem in der Version 2020.3 das in den Versionen davor nicht vorhanden ist.
Das lesen einer bestimmten komplexen Struktur aus einer S71500 geht nicht mehr.
Der Aufbau der Struktur "Send_MW" ist im Anhang beschrieben
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds