Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Update frequency with subscription

More
04 Dec 2019 15:00 #8072 by CHRDEI
Thank you,
i will verify and inform you.

Thanks again
Christian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2019 14:33 - 04 Dec 2019 14:33 #8071 by support
Hello,
thanks for clarification.

To #1: There are two rates in play, One is the sampling rate - how often the server is supposed to collect the data. The second one is the publishing rate - how fast the server is allowed to send the data to the client. Normally, you specify the sampling rate with QuickOPC, and the publishing rate is set to be twice as fast. But there are some limits, and the server may modify the rate requested by the client.

So, the first thing is that the server actually must collect the data fast enough. I suppose you already specified the sampling rate fast enough? Because, if the serer does not even collect the data, they of course won't be delivered to the client either.

Second, the data changes must be delivered to the client. And here is where it gets tricky. The default setting of the publishing rate (twice as fast as sampling) should assure that each data change makes it to the server, but there is no absolute guarantee. For example, if the network communication is slow, or even the client response is slow (because the client needs to ask for new data), data changes can get lost.

A solution for this is queuing. This is specified in the OPC UA standard. QuickOPC has the client-side support for it, but not all servers support it (for data; the queuing is necessary for events but that is a different story). For more about it, see reference.opcfoundation.org/v104/Core/docs/Part4/5.12.1/#5.12.1.5 . If you server supports queuing, then turning it on on the client side might help - or at least improve the situation.I do not know, however, if your server supports it. Can you find out? If it does, then what you need to do is to set the QueueSize in UAMonitoringParameters passed to the subscription - see opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...itoringParameters_members.html .

To #2: If your server exposes the array *only* as a node per each element, then the only improvement you can do is to use WriteMultipleValues instead of repeatedly calling WriteValue.

If your server exposes the array (also) in a single node, then it is possible to read/write the whole array at once, or read/write parts of it (ranges), if the server supports it. See opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...tml#Index%20Range%20Lists.html .

Best regards
Last edit: 04 Dec 2019 14:33 by support.

More
04 Dec 2019 13:01 #8070 by CHRDEI
Hello,
thanks for your reply.

To #1: what i mean is that i loose the second state change of subscripted item; e.g. if i subscribe to a boolean variable and the value of this variable change two times very fast, i loose the second change… so in the case OFF->ON->OFF the event succeed only first time ... in my supervisor my variable will remain at ON until next change.

To #2: for sure my server expose like each element of the array correspond to a node. I don't know if it expose even in a different way, i'll check it. With "Insert" i mean insert code lines in Visual studio and not insert rows in array, sorry for the bad description.

Thanks
Christian

More
03 Dec 2019 19:13 #8067 by support
Hello,
let me have some additional before I answer:

To #1: What do you mean by "last change"? I can imagine that some changes are not always "seen" by the client - and I can provide some explanation and hints to that. But, why "last"? Did you mean "I lose some changes"? Or was that simply an example that out of the two changes, the second one is lost?

To #2: Does your OPC server expose the array as a) a single node with value as itself is an array, or b) multiple nodes, in which each node corresponds to a single element of an array, or c) a combination of both approaches? And, what do you mean by "insert" ? - that is not normally used to describe an operation in which a new element is entered into a middle of the array and the elements with higher indexes are shifted towards higher indexes - is that what you meant? Or did you mean simple "setting" of elements while *keeping* their indexes?

Thank you

More
03 Dec 2019 15:50 #8064 by CHRDEI
Hello,
i write supervisors in Visual Studio C# and use OpC Ua connections with Schneider Motion control opc server. I started one year ago to use OpcLabs product but i have two questions:

1) If values of subscripted items change frequently (e.g. two times in 20msec) i loose the last change with Subscription. I can understand the meaning but i don't know how to solve; has anyone come across this problem and can you give me any suggestions?

2) If i have to write an array of 50 rows, i have to use multiple write and insert all the rows like different items? I've done it and it runs but it doesn't seems the best way in programming.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer

Christian

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds