Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Memory gets full while writing the OPC Variables in the OPC Server

More
26 Sep 2019 12:29 - 26 Sep 2019 12:29 #7762 by support
Hello.

I am glad it works, although I do not quite understand your post.
Out of curiosity, does it mean that the memory consumption was not on the client side (as I have assumed), but on the server side?

Also, I think you have misunderstood what I was asking for. Even if you do not get an error inside the program, there surely *was* something like an error message and other observable symptoms - otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell that " the memory gets full and my application crashes". So, I was asking for the information that lead you to reporting it.

Best regards
Last edit: 26 Sep 2019 12:29 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2019 09:58 #7759 by Moien
Thank you so much for your message. I get no error code or exception!
I found the problem! The problem was in the 'writeValue' function where I searched for the OPC UA Variables in the OPC Server. Probably it is a big burden on OPC Server's shoulder! I transferred the search process to the OPC Client side in Delphi (in a dynamic array) and my application is running.

More
23 Sep 2019 13:54 #7754 by support
Hello,

can you please provide the full&precise error message that you get, regarding the memory condition?

Thank you

More
23 Sep 2019 08:16 #7752 by support
Hello.

We will try to reproduce it, and will let you know then here.

Best regards

More
23 Sep 2019 06:59 - 23 Sep 2019 07:53 #7751 by Moien
Dear all,

I have an OPC UA Client application in Delphi 10.2. Via my application I connect to the OPC Server and try to write variables continuously into the OPC Server. I can successfully connect to the server and write the variables, but after a couple of seconds the memory gets full and my application crashes. In the attachment you may find a copy of my code. In the function 'WriteItem' I call another function 'WriteItemValue(Name,ItemValue)' and try to write into the OPC Server. I tried to give OPCUAClient object free in different positions, but it doesn't work! I would be really happy if someone can help me.

Regards,
Moien
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Sep 2019 07:53 by Moien.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds