Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Subscription Timeout - RetrialDelay

More
26 Oct 2016 09:07 #4512 by andis59
Information sent!

Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2016 09:01 #4511 by support
Please use the Contact Form (www.opclabs.com/company/contact/form/3-contact-form ) and send us your serial number, or date of purchase, or licensee name, and/or other information that would allow us to identify the original license.

Note that version 5.40 is for .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later - I hope you can switch to that?

Regards

More
26 Oct 2016 08:36 #4510 by andis59
Amazing support and offer!!

How to proceed to get a free license for 5.40?

More
26 Oct 2016 08:13 #4509 by support
One would need at least several pages to explain the complexities related to this issue. So instead of explaining all of them, I will try to provide some actionable hints.

1) Version 5.35 (and earlier version) are kind of over-sensitive to the "publishing has stopped" issue. There is a kind of keep-alive mechanism built into OPC UA, and when an expected response does not come from the server in time, the client should detect it and react. We have made it more forgiving in version 5.40, and that is a recommended approach: upgrade to 5.40. If you have license for 5.3x and are not covered by a maintenance, we will give you a license free of charge for version 5.40.

2) It might be possible to improve the situation while staying with version 5.35 by tweaking various parameters, but it's not the recommended approach. With regard to RetrialDelay, there are actually *four* such parameters, depending on the level or "scope" of the problem: on the global ("engine") level, session level, subscription level, and monitored item level. They are placed in different objects, and their default values differ. When the "publishing has stopped" issue is detected, it affects the subscription level, so that's where the changes need to be made.

Best regards

More
26 Oct 2016 07:50 #4508 by andis59
Sorry, I forgot...
We are using version 5.35.414.1

More
26 Oct 2016 07:46 #4505 by support
As parts of the answer depend on the version and build you are using, please provide first the version and build you have (right-click on one of the OpcLabs.* assemblies, and take the version and build from the Details tab).

Thank you

More
26 Oct 2016 07:44 #4504 by andis59
We are having some problem with that the subscription stops after about 20 seconds of no data and it takes a long time before EasyOpc 'connects' again.

00:08:15,529|Error| OPCWorker - OPCClient_MonitoredItemChanged - Exception:
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAClientEngineException: The OPC-UA subscription ID 123 publishing has stopped on the client
session to endpoint URL "opc.tcp://FORWIN003:4846" for approximate current duration of 21793,2383 milliseconds.
The current keep-alive count is 200 and the current publishing interval is 100 milliseconds.

Where the values for keep-alive count and publishing interval comes from I don't know but maybe from the OPC Server?
Can I set it so that the subscription publishing keeps on working forever? There is only one client, one OPC Server and one PLC.

So I thought that I would change the RetrialDelay time. Looking at the documentation the default time is 3 seconds!
[DefaultValueAttribute(3000)]
[EditorAttribute("OpcLabs.BaseLib.Design.NonZeroMillisecondsInt32Editor, OpcLabs.BaseLibDesign, 
Version=5.40.281.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409", 	typeof(UITypeEditor))]
public int RetrialDelay { get; set; }

but in this thread it says that the default time is 3 minutes (default is 3*60*1000)
www.opclabs.com/forum/ua-reading-writing-subscriptions/1605-monitor-item-change

which is it?

If the communication doesn't work within 15-20 seconds the operators will restart the computer...

So I want to set the the RedialDelay to 5 or 10 seconds
client.IsolatedParameters.Subscription.RetrialDelay = 5000;

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds