Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

IUAReadOnlyPubSubConfiguration Interface

More
24 Sep 2022 09:23 #11116 by Enrico
Hello again,

Thank you for your information. Especially the information concerning the consistency of the OPC UA specification 1.05.01 and the UA Stack. I contacted Unified Automation and they confirmed, that they are progressing on that. That helped to correct a wrong expectation and avoided long troubleshootiung ;o)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2022 14:20 #11115 by support
Hello.

I have edited my answer to more properly describe that not just Read-s, but also Browse-s are used to obtain the PubSub configuration information.

Regards

More
21 Sep 2022 18:08 - 23 Sep 2022 14:19 #11113 by support
Hello.

This part in current QuickOPC version (2022.1 as of today) is based on OPC UA specification version 1.04. The features you are referring to are from version 1.05.01.

The configuration access is read-only in this QuickOPC version. It simply uses OPC UA Read-s and Browse-s to obtain the pieces of information from the various node in the PubSub configuration model.

There is a special case: We have a provision for a FileType node present in servers based on Unified Automation SDK which contains the whole configuration. When available, we read the whole file at once, and then provide the information from memory, which is faster. (this feature can be turned off).

This is based on approach that Unified Automation has implemented in their own way in their SDKs originally. OPC UA specification 1.05.01 came out later, and is quite similar but slightly different (for start, the name of the FileType node is different), so we do not support it yet. Some future QuickOPC version will support 1.05.01 too.

The IUAReadOnlyPubSubConfiguration is a higher-level API, which makes it easier to "consume" the PubSub configuration in the client code. Of course you can always write a lower-level code and work with the PubSub objects in the usual way. The upcoming QuickOPC version 2022.2 will bring in the 1.05.01 data types, which means that types like PubSubConfiguration2DataType will be returned as .NET SDK structures,

Feel free to ask if something is not clear.

Best regards
Last edit: 23 Sep 2022 14:19 by support.

More
21 Sep 2022 16:15 #11111 by Enrico
Hi,

we have a OPC UA Server (based on the Stack of Unified Automation) running, that is able to publish data via the PubSub interface. With the UAExpert we are able to configure the PubSub. With the QuickOPC we are able to receive the data and also to read the PubSub configuration.

The next step is to enable the client (display) to read the PubSub configuration.

The background of my question is the following: As we have a JAVA application and need the Client as well as also the Server functionality, we intend to use the OPC UA Stack from ProSys. As per recommendation from the specification the prefered way, should be the reading of PubSubConfiguration file.

Before implementing something via ProSys, I would like to use QuickOPC to better understand the mechanism.

My questions:

(1) Is the 'IUAReadOnlyPubSubConfiguration Interface' based on the PubSubConfiguration as described in the Specification -14 in the Section 9.1.3.7? Meaning that the FileType is used. Any operation (such as 'list', 'get', ..) is then performed on the PubSubConfig File? Or are the OPC UA Methods used for that interface?

(2) Anyway, I assume in the background the PubSubConfiguration2DataType and the PubSubConfigurationRefDataTypes are used as specified in the speq. Is that assumption right? If yes, can these objects be accessed in QuickOPC?

Kind regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds