Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

New Developer, Old License - How to get running in new environment

More
26 Jul 2021 13:05 #10052 by support
I would say "do not upgrade" if you were to do minor modifications.

What you have described looks like a larger effort, and for that I would probably do an upgrade. Version history is here: kb.opclabs.com/Versions .

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2021 13:00 #10051 by jelwood@sterilite.com
Thanks for help with Trial License. I was able to get a real error this time that I should be able to address with network people. I think they tightened up security and won't let us hit the specific PLC port 49210. That's my current guess.

Softwaretoolbox wrote back that they found the license, and they sent us a copy. You said it was very old. Do you recommend we upgrade? I intend to move this application from an installed .exe physically on local computes to just run as part of our web applications with the output as a webpage instead.

You've been very helpful btw.

-John
The following user(s) said Thank You: support

More
26 Jul 2021 04:55 #10049 by support
Hello.

When searching the credit card records, please also look for "ShareIt", "Share-It", "MyCommerce", or "Digital River" - that's how our Web shop may appear.

Best regards

More
25 Jul 2021 18:44 - 25 Jul 2021 18:48 #10048 by support
Hello.

I will send send you an evaluation license (valid for 30 days), to the email address you used to register with the forums. Your QuickOPC version is fairly old, so I am not 100% sure if it would work - but it should. Use the License Manager to install the license key.

We will sort out the real license later.

Best regards
Z.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2021 18:48 by support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jelwood@sterilite.com

More
25 Jul 2021 18:04 #10047 by jelwood@sterilite.com
rIt is possible, so I have reached out to Software Toolbox. I checked our payables records and found nothing under your name or software toolbox, so this must have been purchased with a credit card. I can't get to credit card records until Monday when payables is back in the office. Thanks again for your help.

In the mean time, is it possible to use a trial license or something like that? I just want to run this locally to get the real error coming out of the PLC, instead of the you dont' have a license error I"m getting now. The "real" problem is almost certainly network/permission/security that we recently added.

-John

More
25 Jul 2021 17:35 #10046 by support
Hello.
Is it possible that you have purchased through our reseller in U.S., Software Toolbox? Because, I cannot find the record of this.

Best regards

More
25 Jul 2021 17:25 #10045 by jelwood@sterilite.com
Thank you for reply. I do not physically have the license file, but it would have been sold to Sterilite Corporation originally under the name Brian Moore possibly number 1954229880. Can I get a license file?

Attachments:

More
25 Jul 2021 15:52 #10044 by support
Hello.
Perhaps you are not aware that you need to install the license.

Have you installed QuickOPC using its installation program? If so, there should be a start menu group for its icons. And, a License Manager utility shortcut.
You need to run the License Manager and point it to your license file:

opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...me.html#License%20Manager.html

Best regards

More
25 Jul 2021 15:31 #10043 by jelwood@sterilite.com
Hello, your questions helped me partially resolve the problem. I am now back to the original issue, a license error. Please see the screenshot with the new error.

I will answer your questions anyway just in case they are still relevant:

1. If you hover mouse over the green underlined Import-s, does it show any error hint? If so, what is the message?
The imports shows these errors, but this was resolved by actually having the DLL in the path of the reference:

2. Click on one of the OpcLabs assemblies under References (in the Solution Explorer on the right). What does it show then in the Properties window for that assembly? Can you post the picture here?

3. If there is a non-empty Path in the Properties above, does the file referenced by that path actually exist on the disk?
The path did not exist. I created path and dropped some files in I found in one of his other projects. I have no idea why he put the references in the debug bin.

4. Are you doing this on the computer where the project has previously been developed, or are you trying to build on a different computer?
I am trying to do this on a different computer. The previous development computer was wiped.

Thanks so much for answering over the weekend.

Thanks,
John
Attachments:

More
25 Jul 2021 09:10 #10041 by support
Hello,
No problem. Do not give up, I think you are on the right track.

I have some questions:
1. If you hover mouse over the green underlined Import-s, does it show any error hint? If so, what is the message?
2. Click on one of the OpcLabs assemblies under References (in the Solution Explorer on the right). What does it show then in the Properties window for that assembly? Can you post the picture here?
3. If there is a non-empty Path in the Properties above, does the file referenced by that path actually exist on the disk?
4. Are you doing this on the computer where the project has previously been developed, or are you trying to build on a different computer?

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds