Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Embedded lifetime license file does not register correctly

More
02 Jul 2021 07:07 #9876 by support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2021 20:14 #9875 by ew@cict.nl
Just to confirm: reverting to the indicated earlier version did solve the issue.

More
01 Jul 2021 13:17 #9874 by support
Hello.

Version upgrade can be purchased for 50% of the new license price.

Best regards

More
01 Jul 2021 12:22 #9872 by ew@cict.nl
Thank you for the quick reply. This would explain why my other project is working correctly.
And yes, that indeed sounds like my license.

For now I'll revert to an older version of QuickOPC. Can I upgrade the license to include support for new versions, or do I need a new license to prevent this from happening on future projects?

More
01 Jul 2021 06:06 #9868 by support
Hello.

Based on the email address associated with the account, I assume you are using the license key purchased on May 1, 2019. There was no upgrade assurance purchased with it, which means that the license covers only the QuickOPC versions that was current at the time of the purchase and/or released up to 60 days following that (and older versions). Using the table here: kb.opclabs.com/Versions , one can say that that key covers QuickOPC versions up to 2018.3 (5.54), but the error message indicates you are trying to use that key with QuickOPC 2020.3.

It is still somewhat unclear why the error messages says "Context: 0 dropped license(s)." - here I would expect it to list the actual license key you have embedded, so there may be an issue with the embedded registration as well, but if the license key is invalid for that version, try to resolve it would not bring success anyway.

If you are using a different license key, let me know.

Best regards

More
30 Jun 2021 19:26 #9867 by ew@cict.nl
The error text we received was:
Run time is over the limit in license "Multipurpose", serial number 1111111120. The license you are running (most likely trial version) does not provide valid data after certain time period expires. Note that after the component's process is simply restarted, valid data will be provided again. Obtain and install proper license to permanently resolve this error.
Product information follows. Component name: "QuickOPC", license IDs: "Multipurpose", version number: 559, release date: 12/3/2020, trial validity: 397 days, option expression: "EasyUAClient".
Context: 0 dropped license(s).

+ The client method called was 'DataChangeNotification'.

More
30 Jun 2021 18:55 #9866 by support
Can you please let the code run (and do OPC operations) for 30 minutes, and then capture the full error text of the exception you get ? (the exception will indicate that the "trial license" is being used; we need the additional info that should be in there).

Many thanks

More
30 Jun 2021 18:23 #9865 by ew@cict.nl
Hi, Based on code from:
opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/2018.3/User%2...esource%20License%20Store.html
we have made this C# code:

string _resourcename = _assembly.GetManifestResourceNames().FirstOrDefault(str => str.EndsWith(LICENSEKEYNAME));
if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(_resourcename))
{
Framework.LogLow(LOG_SOURCE, $"Found EasyOPC license in {_assembly.FullName}", _resourcename);
LicensingManagement.Instance.RegisterManagedResource("QuickOPC", "Multipurpose", _assembly, _resourcename);

_client = new EasyUAClient();
_client.DataChangeNotification += Handle_VariableUpdated;
_client.QueueCallbacks = false;

// Obtain the serial number from the license info.
long serialNumber = (uint)_client.LicenseInfo["Multipurpose.SerialNumber"];

However, despite our logs indicating it finds a valid embedded license resource, the serialNumber we receive is "1111111120", which indicates an invalid or trial license.

What could cause this? If necessary I can email you the .bin file we have embedded in the assembly.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds