Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Could not load file or assembly...

More
29 Mar 2021 12:45 #9579 by support
Hello.

First, please check that the assembly specified in the exception message is actually present on the disk, together with the other assemblies of your application. I understand that you *are* referencing it; but there are sometimes issues with Visual Studio not copying the assembly to the output folder, or similar problems.

If the assembly file is present where it should be: The next thing to consider is the reason mentioned in the exception message, i.e. missing C++ redistributable libraries. Normally QuickOPC uses a special technique so that no such prerequisite needs to be installed, but it may fail under special circumstances. (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ml#Prerequisites%20Boxing.html )

The link to the proper version of the C++ redistributables (warning - there are many version of them!) is installed with the product, specific to the version you are using (question: which version are you using?). For the current version (2021.1) and some versions below, the link is support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads .

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ai2Infinity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2021 10:20 #9578 by Ai2Infinity
Good morning,

I have an issue with when writing to tags from an asp.net web page after deployment. It runs fine on my local machine in source code. For context, I have a .net application running on the deployed machine and it runs fine. It is just the ASP.Net Web Page that is the issue. I have installed the OPCLabs redistributable package on the remote machine.

I have attached screen shot of error and current reference list in ASP.Net project.

Thank you for your help.
Craig

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds