Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Downgrade from .NET Framework 4.7.1 to 4.0

More
06 Feb 2020 12:39 #8205 by support
Hello,

please have a look at the Version table - kb.opclabs.com/Versions , and decide which version you need - based on supported systems and .NET versions (4.0 will probably be OK for versions that support 3.5). There should be a Download button in the leftmost column. If not, let me know and we will post the missing old versions.

NuGet packages are only available from certain version upwards, and probably not for what you want, so you will need the full installer.
Old versions are not officially support (you can still ask question and post issues, and we will try to help, but only to an extent where it does not extra effort related to the fact that the version is old).

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2020 09:21 - 06 Feb 2020 09:22 #8204 by andis59
Hello,

I have a working program that uses QuickOPC-UA. Now a large customer wants to run this program on their old Windows XP computers:(
So I'm trying to downgrade to .NET Framework 4.0, which is the last one that XP supports (or the other way around)

I have tried to use NuGet and re-install the QuickOpc package

package id="OpcLabs.QuickOpc" version="5.53.405" targetFramework="net40"

but in the OpcLabs.QuickOpc.5.53.405 directory in Packages it says
E:\Users\ame\source\repos\Seco Tools\DCMatrixPlus - XP\packages\OpcLabs.QuickOpc.5.53.405\lib\net452

and I get errors when compiling
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2110,5): warning MSB3274: The primary reference "OpcLabs.BaseLib, Version=5.54.1311.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0".

Is it possible to use QuickOPC-UA with .NET Framework 4.0 ?

// Anders
NB! I know that Windows XP is dead, but the customer has many+ machines that uses XP, so they wont upgrade...
Last edit: 06 Feb 2020 09:22 by andis59. Reason: fat fingers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds